Never give up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
When I had lots of difficulties beginning to learn to dive, I was advised to just snorkel instead, and forget about scuba.

I visited the board and had lots of encouragement and gained info from members for which I am very grateful.

I would like to advise anyone visiting the board to never give up - I can only say that despite all the tough and difficult times I have gone through as a complete beginner, things are coming together now and diving is FUN! Diving has opened up a whole new world for me. Hope it does for all of you too! Never give up!

Well put. Dive forever!

Welcome to the water. Dive safe and enjoy.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Congrats! I'm glad you had the determination to stick with it. BTW, that determination will make you a better diver, later, too.

Well done! I have wanted to dive for ages and it has taken me until mid-40s before I finally got on with it!

Enjoy your diving.

I couldn't agree more, I waited until age 48...wish I had started at 20!

Mike

Great news to read! Once you're past the difficulties, you realize they were really just stepping stones to becoming a stronger diver (and they make you more compassionate to the newbies coming behind you).

Congratulations!

I'm STILL trying to pass the swim test and am becoming a better swimmer in consequences. I know I'll get there. I, too, have received a lot of encouragement from SBers.

I think I'd have to disagree about never giving up on diving. Not everyone is capable of diving, as evidenced by the OW class I dove with last weekend to show the LDS owner that I was, as he called it, survivable underwater. I kept my distance from his overly nervous students as he wrestled with all three of them on their final dive. He did not certify one of the women, and the other two barely squeeked by. Later he identified the problem as the brain and body being disconnected. Body going off on its own while the brain is tunnel visioned. I seems that every OW class that I've seen has at least one person who is just not mentally or physically equipped to complete the class. I would feel a lot better if some people just weren't in the ocean so they don't become a statistic.

SHIELDS UP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom