Never the Twain Shall Meet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where there are weaknesses it’s more with new gear and techniques, they don’t keep up with some of the new stuff, and some don’t keep up with new techniques. But they all can get the job done safely and completely. One had never seen a bungee computer mount till last weekend when I showed him mine, and one had a real hard time at first keeping his personel gear together when we went off, he was just too used to have the dive van and getting extras of whatever he had forgot. He had problems for a while when doing work in keeping track of his time and gas, too used to a top side tender doing it.

I first used a wrist mount in 1988, so it's not new, just recycled. And, it got knocked of my arm and lost on my very first dive with it. I wouldn't use anything wristmount after that until years later when I got into tech diving where it's expected. So while a bungie mount might be great for recreational diving, it may not be the best solution for a working diver.

Also, tech divers are fond of saying that being a recreational divemaster/instructor means nothing when in comes to learning to tech dive. That is absolutely untrue. The better diver you are to begin with all the better. Otherwise all the recreational classes would not be prerequists for learning to tech dive. Same with commercial to recreational, the more you know the better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom