New 2 Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

puertoricandive

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
everybody is correct! it's all about the instructor. hay i'll certify you in either padi or sdi. come to puerto rico.

seanrollins once bubbled...
I think you should try a different approach to advertising scuba lessons.

Atleast tell us why to go there...

Why should we go to Puerto Rico to learn to dive? Especially when we have many awesome instructors right where we are?

seanrollins once bubbled...
I think you should try a different approach to advertising scuba lessons.

Atleast tell us why to go there...

You are correct it did sound like a chance to promote my services and i am sorry. There is alot to see in and around puerto rico. This is a Very Beautiful Country. I Would prefer to get certified in a tropical enviroment than any Quarry that has 70 degree water.

Just yesterday i dove off the North Shore of Puerto rico at a dive site i call the Naturalist. this site is visited by hammer head sharks, dolphins, mantas. thisis a shore dive. the dive site slopes off from 5 feet at shore down to 47feet. at 47feet you can wait around for the mantas to feed or just alittle more out you find the wall that goes to 122feet down to 1100feet. here is where you hear the voices of nitrogen norcotis. thank you for your reply. how to here from you again. come to puerto rico, bring your friends, I'll take you out. coquidive@coqui.net

deluca2799 once bubbled...

Why should we go to Puerto Rico to learn to dive? Especially when we have many awesome instructors right where we are?
you are right there are alot of nice places in canada? if you like cold water. i have a lot of friends that perfer cold water diving to warm water diving. i think you first experience should be in a place you can get some sun year round. but thats just me take it for what it worth. coquidive@coqui.net

puertoricandive once bubbled...
I Would prefer to get certified in a tropical enviroment than any Quarry that has 70 degree water.
70 sound just right for my 3/2 wetsuit! What's wrong with thermoclines anyway? For my AOW dives, we were in the mid-50s (OK, now that's cold when you don't have gloves :errrr: :frosty: )
puertoricandive once bubbled...
Just yesterday i dove off the North Shore of Puerto rico at a dive site i call the Naturalist. this site is visited by hammer head sharks, dolphins, mantas. thisis a shore dive. the dive site slopes off from 5 feet at shore down to 47feet. at 47feet you can wait around for the mantas to feed or just alittle more out you find the wall that goes to 122feet down to 1100feet. here is where you hear the voices of nitrogen norcotis.
Trout, Bluegill, Paddlefish (ok, I didn't see this one), sunken boats, bus, and airplane. Shore dive or dock; down to about 70ft on the shallow side and something like 120 or 130ffw on the deep side. Plus it's all a short 3hr drive away! (Oh, and you can feed the fish at 25ft.) Gilboa anyone?

-Rob

rab once bubbled...
70 sound just right for my 3/2 wetsuit! What's wrong with thermoclines anyway? For my AOW dives, we were in the mid-50s (OK, now that's cold when you don't have gloves :errrr: :frosty: )
Trout, Bluegill, Paddlefish (ok, I didn't see this one), sunken boats, bus, and airplane. Shore dive or dock; down to about 70ft on the shallow side and something like 120 or 130ffw on the deep side. Plus it's all a short 3hr drive away! (Oh, and you can feed the fish at 25ft.) Gilboa anyone?

-Rob

My brother perfers cold water diving over warm water diving anyday of the week. I on the other hand perfer 80+water. Now thats just me and about 3/4th of the divers in the world. This is why most cold water divers go to a warm place for their vacation to dive. and warm water divers go sking on their vacations. right now the water is about 81! In December! Now your going to sit there and say that you would perfer 50degree to 81? gee i never thought that this would get soo good. but i look forward to answering all these quotes while i hear my air condicioner in my back round.
ah almost forgot i live in New York City for 24 years did alot of diving off the New Jersey shore. I've done almost all of the 1000 wrecks off of Jersey. Sure it's cool and nice but if you ask any diver to be would you perfer cold water or warm water what would you get??

I am with you, Puertorricandiver,

Nothing beats the warm cozy waters and the beautiful scenery of the Carribean. And Puerto Rico has a lot to offer without a doubt. I am assuming you are diving off the coast of Isabela. Beautiful!!! I have done my share of water sports in PR and I have dove quarries in Alabama and a number of springs in FL. quarries are overrated ( the ones I have visited). Nothing special about underwater dumpsites. Springs are nice but increadible cold. Just dove the Vortex this weekend (burrrr).

I can't wait to go back and dive off the amazing coasts of my "islita bella" (my beautiful little island).

Dive safe!!!

Back
Top Bottom