New 60 mm macro lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

borisphotosafari

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am planning to buy a new Nikon 60 mm macro lens. I understand that you need an extention ring for the Sea&Sea port. Can I use Extention Ring 40 (56111) that I already have with the NX Standart Flat Port or what port can I use?

Just trying to minimize my costs.

Thanks,
Boris

HI Boris-
Nikon offers 2 60mm macro lenses, the first which has been available for a few years is listed in the SLR system charts on the SEA&SEA website HERE
The newer Nikkor 60mm AF-S F2.8 has not been fully tested in Japan yet, but the lens will work with port #56201 Compact Macro Port Base + #56211 Compact Macro Port Base S. You certainly can experiment with an Ext Ring 40 and the NX standard flat port, however, we have not tested that configuration. Currently, there is no focus gear available since the lens is quite new on the market, Autofocus only would be necessary.

Any idea what port would work best with the Extention Ring 40? I am buying the newer 60 mm lens, which is not on the system chart yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom