New a6xxx housing from Meikon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Better late than never - four inch dome is up for preorder on SeaFrogs website: 4" Dry Dome Port for A6xxx series Salted Line waterproof housing 40M/130FT

$149 + shipping, fits Sony 16-50mm (though I assume optical quality won't be anything to write home about, compared to the six inch dome), Sony 16mm bare or with either of the two adapters (ultrawide/fisheye) or Samyang 8mm f/2.8 fisheye. I'm pretty certain that the 7Artisans 7.5mm f/2.8 fisheye should also fit - it's pretty much the same size as the Samyang fisheye, although in both cases, neither focus nor aperture rings are accessible inside the housing. However, putting my 7Artisans 7.5mm inside the housing with the zoom gear for 16-50mm, I can see that the zoom gear sits right over the focus ring - it's just too big to engage it, with about 5-6mm of clearance. I think if I pad the lens with some thick tape (or maybe 3D print two plastic semi-circles for a less ghetto solution), I could get the 16-50mm gear to control the focus.

Better late than never - four inch dome is up for preorder on SeaFrogs website: 4" Dry Dome Port for A6xxx series Salted Line waterproof housing 40M/130FT

$149 + shipping, fits Sony 16-50mm (though I assume optical quality won't be anything to write home about, compared to the six inch dome), Sony 16mm bare or with either of the two adapters (ultrawide/fisheye) or Samyang 8mm f/2.8 fisheye. I'm pretty certain that the 7Artisans 7.5mm f/2.8 fisheye should also fit - it's pretty much the same size as the Samyang fisheye, although in both cases, neither focus nor aperture rings are accessible inside the housing. However, putting my 7Artisans 7.5mm inside the housing with the zoom gear for 16-50mm, I can see that the zoom gear sits right over the focus ring - it's just too big to engage it, with about 5-6mm of clearance. I think if I pad the lens with some thick tape (or maybe 3D print two plastic semi-circles for a less ghetto solution), I could get the 16-50mm gear to control the focus.

I would be very grateful to hear if you manage to get the 16-50 gear working on the focus ring of your 7Artisans 7.5mm:cheers:

It works! Three layers of double-sided tape and I ran out while covering only three quarters of the lenses circumference, which caused the zoom gear to deform a bit as it's made out of slightly elastic rubber, but the gears engaged reliably and I had no issues going from one end of the focus range to the other using the housing zoom knob. Looks totally ghetto, and of course it's useless to me so far as I don't have the proper port, nor is it high on my acquisition list, since I already have the 10-18mm and a six inch dome, but I might try it sometime in the far future.

Padding:

Mpprxz9.jpg

Zoom gear on:

bOPoY1j.jpg

Inside the housing - you can see how the gear is somewhat deformed, but since it is away from the part which is engaged by the knob, it doesn't really matter. Housing gear teeth are barely visible on the left:

87FA4FS.jpg

Inside the housing:

2dpmlgf.jpg

If anything, this ghetto gear seems to engage more reliably than the native zoom gear for 10-18mm.

Hi,

Hi guys, me again!

Any idea if it would be possible to add Vivid Leak Sentinel V4 to this housing? Do you know what size the threads are on the vacuum port?

The thread should be M10x0.75. I sent an enquiry to vividhousings. Miso replied, that he may have a M10X0.75 adapter in a near future, but due to the holiday season he can’t tell how soon.

Stefan

Hi,

The thread should be M10x0.75. I sent an enquiry to vividhousings. Miso replied, that he may have a M10X0.75 adapter in a near future, but due to the holiday season he can’t tell how soon.

Stefan

That's great to hear!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom