New Aqua Lung i750tc Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Aeris version of this computer - which I love. HOWEVER, i totally agree that the screen is difficult to read in clear/bright water. It is frustrating to say the least. I mean, when you drop that kind of money you would expect it to work in the beautiful waters you want to dive in, right? My LDS said the new version is supposed to have addressed that. I love the AI, and have two transmitters for two separate tanks.

In terms of the VTX and its old problems, the only problem I've been aware of is water intrusion in one particular run:

The only computers affected by this alert are VTX WRIST UNITS with serial numbers between 565 and 3632. All other serial numbers are unaffected.

See their quality alert:

News - VTX Quality Alert

What about battery life and other reliability issues we have been hearing about when it first came out? Any issues with it?

What about battery life and other reliability issues we have been hearing about when it first came out? Any issues with it?

I always carry a couple of extra batteries when I go diving,But certainly don't feel like I have had to change the battery frequently. I think I have 75 logged dives on this computer and have changed the battery once or twice. Probably twice. OK, maybe three times.

as to other issues, my computer said I had a decompression obligation when I was diving multiple nitrox dives on a particular trip. the Deco Obligation occurred when I was at approximately 20 feet and had been in the water for less than 5 minutes, may be second or third dive of the day. I knew there was no way that I could've developed a deco obligation and it was just weird. I've heard of this happening with other AEris computers. I had a backup suunto zoop and just continued to use that one as my primary and ignored the beeping of the Aeris. By the time that I was done, I think the computer said I had a 12 hour obligation. Ignored that.

The other issue is that it has not been registering appropriate water temperatures and always seems to be about 10°F lower than the actual water temperature.

And of course the screen is difficult to read in bright light. I always dive with two computers and use my back up when the light is too bright, but it does frustrate me.

To offset the glare problems, I wore my Aeris A300CS OLED in the manner as shown by the awesome Paint drawing. The battery life sucked (20-30). There is however a rechargeable battery available on eBay.

Attachments

• Great paint skils.jpg
    Great paint skils.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 195
I always carry a couple of extra batteries when I go diving,But certainly don't feel like I have had to change the battery frequently. I think I have 75 logged dives on this computer and have changed the battery once or twice. Probably twice. OK, maybe three times.

as to other issues, my computer said I had a decompression obligation when I was diving multiple nitrox dives on a particular trip. the Deco Obligation occurred when I was at approximately 20 feet and had been in the water for less than 5 minutes, may be second or third dive of the day. I knew there was no way that I could've developed a deco obligation and it was just weird. I've heard of this happening with other AEris computers. I had a backup suunto zoop and just continued to use that one as my primary and ignored the beeping of the Aeris. By the time that I was done, I think the computer said I had a 12 hour obligation. Ignored that.

The other issue is that it has not been registering appropriate water temperatures and always seems to be about 10°F lower than the actual water temperature.

And of course the screen is difficult to read in bright light. I always dive with two computers and use my back up when the light is too bright, but it does frustrate me.

You have much more serious issues with your computer than just difficulty to read the screen in bright conditions. You have major issue that would make me stop using the computer and complain to Oceanic about it and insist on a replacement. You are buying a dive computer primarily to keep track of your deco and if it can't do that or screws it up like it did to you, you have most serious issue indeed.

I suggest that you get in touch with Oceanic and get the computer fixed/replaced ASAP before you dive with it again.

Last edited:
Yes indeed. I have spoken to oceanic and my LDS. In the end we determined that my LDS would send it in for repairs/review/analysis.

Cheers.

I ordered the i750tc in their package deal with transmitter and dive watch for £520.00

Comparing the manual with the other versions this one only supports 3 tanks and Nitrox up to 40%

The Manual says...

"DIVE COMPUTER PERFORMANCE
• Bühlmann ZHL-16C based Z+ algorithm
• Decompression in agreement with Bühlmann ZHL-16C
• No Decompression Deep Stops - Morroni, Bennett
• Decompression Deep Stops (not recommended) - Blatteau, Gerth, Gutvik
• Altitude - Bühlmann, IANTD, RDP (Cross)
• Altitude corrections and O2 limits based on NOAA tables"

Battery life 15hours with screen set to manual full brightness.
800mah CR2 are however quite cheap and it comes with a spare.

PC and Android software it seems are not free for the full version (only one on sale for android).

Many others I dive with have the EON Steel's and it will be interesting to see how they compare re dive times and in bright sunlight.

I did not go for the steel due to the small size of the text which it seems you can't change the font size of...

Last edited:
I've gone through 4 batteries in under 100 dives, but I do keep my screen bright. I have the same issue with temperature on mine 7-10 degrees below my Hollis junk and everyone else's computer.

I had two of the AERIS, and apart from readability (which was annoying close to the surface but not otherwise), battery and sensor issues - additionally the transmitter was crappy (frequent loss of communcation) and the displays failed (whole lines drop randomly, came back sometimes). Those were very early devices (serial numbers below 2000), butstill - no excuse.

Oceanic then replaced them with VTX's... transmitter worked find, displays show the same failures within months.

End of story: got them returned and my money back after 18 months being disappointed (not to mention the fact, that it took them more than a year to provide an android software at all - which then was still disappointing, as the cryppe software they provided for windows)

PC and Android software it seems are not free for the full version (only one on sale for android).

Many others I dive with have the EON Steel's and it will be interesting to see how they compare re dive times and in bright sunlight.

I got the EON steel now and am satisfied so far. Batteries are not an issue as it is powered by an accumulator that is good for roughly 40h dive time. One charge should get you easily through a dive trip... if in doubt you can still recharge it via the USB-cable.
The display reflection didn't really give me any major trouble, yet, even though the reflection will be an issue in direct sunlight.

As far as software is concerned: the configuration of the EON steel works nicely with the provided software. To extract log data I am using DiveMateUSB (android app) via USB OTG - as I did with the A300CS/VTX before.

Back
Top Bottom