New Bahama Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simon-

I enjoyed the video very much. Only suggestion I could think of is to try a red color filter to minimize the yellow and bring out the reds. Great video. Keep it up

Hi Larry

I used a red filter (UR Pro Blue Water) pretty much the whole trip. The clips where it appears very yellow (trumpetfish, scorpionfish) were actually taken on a very shallow reef and the sun was just blasting down into the water. I tried that dive with and without the filter and got some mixed results. Neither was great, but the clips I've included were ones shot using the filter. Red filter = yellow? Weird eh?

Anyway glad you enjoyed the video :)

Cheers, Simon

Nicely done video, looks like someone reminded everyone on the boat that they might be caught on video so they might want to strap up all the loose hoses, gauges, and paraphenalia :)

I loved the clarity of the water around the large wreck and the shark stretching his jaws, but the goof walking on the bottom with his hands was sad.

Great video in the way you've done the editing, I don't know, you're a anatural.
What camera and NLE are you using?
Paul

Great video and thanks for posting it!

Definitely worth watching, and I agree you've done a good job editing. And that music... is refreshing the right word? What was it? :D

dang.... very schweet..... but now i'm waiting for the instructional video on how to make that gorgeous bubble ring!!!!

Hi All

Glad you all enjoyed it :)

I'm using a Sony PC350 Camcorder with Ikellite Housing and some of the clips have been shot with an Epoque Wide Angle Lens. I like the PC350, but one major drawback is the lack of a White Balance control. If I could go back and buy everything again, I'd probably go for the PC1000 instead. For the editing I'm using Permier Elements (the cut down version). I've tried a couple of low end programs but Elements is head and shoulders above any of those. I'd like Premier Pro or Final Cut, but that's a whole load more money to upgrade my PC or buy a Mac so I'm happy with what I've got at the moment.

The music is called Jankanoo Jam by Eddie Minnis. It's basically all about the New Year Carnival in Nassau and as we were there for New Year it seemed right to use it. I've tried to edit the clips and used almost exclusively jump cuts to keep up with the pace of the song. Hope it worked :)

Ahhh those bubble rings!! Well I regualarly try and fail to do them, but basically they are like blowing smoke rings. You need lie on your back, take your regs out and try to get your tounge in the right position as you exhale. It takes a bit of practise to get anything other than just random bubbles. I was just glad that someone saw my rather pathetic attempts and showed me how to do a real one! :)

Cheers, Simon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom