New BARE SB Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow -- that's an amazing amount of stretch! Do you think the mobility is as good as the Fusion? And can the neck ring system be installed on this suit?

I have to say, I didn't think anything could be dorkier looking than the Fusion -- but those vertical stripes on either side of the back of the suit give it an even worse "droopy drawers" look :)

Reactions: Jax
Wow -- that's an amazing amount of stretch! Do you think the mobility is as good as the Fusion? And can the neck ring system be installed on this suit?

I have to say, I didn't think anything could be dorkier looking than the Fusion -- but those vertical stripes on either side of the back of the suit give it an even worse "droopy drawers" look :)

The stretch is really good. About as much as the Hollis suits, but the Hollis suit is a heavier duty suit. This thing is really light! The neck system can be installed no problem on it. As for Mobility, it seems just as good so far. I can't take this in to the water, so I will have to wait until they are released for that. It is easier to get in and out of vs. a Fusion due to not have a skin and inner bladder.

Thanks for saying I have droopy drawers :wink:

That's a nice amount of stretch in that suit. I agree with Lynne though, I would have made those seams "blend in" with the suit color :D

The inflator is "off center" a bit. I'm guessing it will still clear harness shoulder straps and such?

How "sturdy" is the trilam compared to say a TLS350?

Henrik

So it sounds like the waterproof barrier on the suit is semi-permeable. Water vapor can escape, but water can't get in, right? Kind of like Gore-tex.

Is the suit material made of Gore-tex or some other proprietary material developed by Bare?

What would the sizing be for 6ft./ 170lbs.?

The Stripes are speed Stripes, they are desighned to help performace ha ha, It would be pretty cool if they made some sort of reflective Strip over it or parts of it

I'm sitting here looking at the stripes, thinking that they must be some sort of nod to the movie Tron. :)

I'd like to see the suit with pockets attached, without suspenders, and how much droop there would be with 1-2 lbs placed in each pocket. The flexibility and unobtrusiveness of the zipper looks pretty cool. I also have to wonder how water tight the suit is after a ~100 dives after it has a little wear and tear on it.

All and all, it looks like we're starting to see some great developments in drysuits!

Very nice! How much does it cost?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom