New bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The two shallow D-rings on webbing tabs on the rec are new. From the site pictures, they seem to be part of the wing cover. I do not see any discussion of them. I'm not sure if they are for attaching the butt pouch or for gear above the butt pouch.

Before seeing that I was going to say that the only real difference is the wing, in lift and physical size. And that you should take a look at SumpUK on Facebook for other options of the harness metal bits. I think the only original gear still on my Tec is the wing, spine weight pocket and shoulder plate. I even replaced both inflator hoses to shorter and oval ones as better suited to me.

ETA: I'd forgotten the rec chest straps have fastex like clips to open the strap. But that is still just a difference on the strap, which is a readily changeable part of the BC. I would not consider that a difference you have to live with either way. You could do that with either wing, with a bit of effort to change things out. I've gone closer to an H-harness on my straps, by moving the rear shoulder-waist SumpUK attachment plate more forward. In general, getting in and out is similar to a BP/W, so I can see some appeal to the buckles, but for me do not think they are needed. Either way on that chest strap buckle, but I would consider that separate from which wing, and thus 'model', you go with.

I'd look at the amount of gas you expect to carry in the future and thus what lift you need. That may rule out the rec version. Having not dove the rec I can't say if it would feel more streamlined in the water, but the size is not that much less.

If the month of diving prior is there and you can rent either, I'd take all our feedback as ideas but see how you like each rig, assuming the rec covers your lift needs.

Honestly the classic will fit your needs as well......it’ll max out with the 85’s and a deco bottle......so if diving more than that then consider the tec.
If you’re solely using it in Mexico then consider the RB.....unless you’re diving dry there and locally, then no requirement for RB. Just my 2 PSI. Either way, of all my rigs, my stealths are my go to’s......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom