New Big Regulator Poll 2003

Which reg do you use and are absolutely sure about you will use it for ever.

• Mares MR12 or MR22 family

Votes: 60 10.8%
  • Aqualung Legend series (LX/Supreme)

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Apeks (A)TX-range: (A)TX40/50/100/200 or DS4

Votes: 156 28.2%
  • Poseidon Cyklon 300/5000 or Jetstream or even the Xstream

Votes: 45 8.1%
  • Aqualung Titan or Cousteau (LX/Supreme)

Votes: 32 5.8%
  • Dacor Viper Family (Metal/Ice)

Votes: 15 2.7%
  • Oceanic Delta, Zeta, Alpha, Omega or Gamma

Votes: 36 6.5%
  • SeacSub sorius family

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cressisub Airtech-series

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Scubapro MK-series

Votes: 184 33.2%
  • Automic Z1

Votes: 22 4.0%
  • Genesis GS2000

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Think the Mares Abyss will probably last me forever

1. Simple
2. Sturdy-Built like a tank
3. Breathes very easy
4. Long Track Record of trustworthiness
5. ...... no money to buy new one?

;-0

I own an aqualung titan LX and really like this reg.For the money I just couldn;t see going wrong and it proved itself once I got it into the H2O

heavenly...breathes dry in any position and lots of air with a comfortable mouth piece to boot!

Kimmy

Just a quick question cause I am about to buy a regulaor package. 10% who answered this poll said they liked the Mares 12 Reg. But I have read a lot of postings on this forum which indicated this reg free flowed easy. Would it be a good reg for Ontario based diver who would do 30% freah water and 70% Carribean diving in a year?

I've heard people say that poseidons are hard to get "right" but I have 2 cyklons that areover 5 years old and they have never free flowed, froze, or caused me to breathe hard. I will admit the cyklons are stiff untill you get below about 30 feet but at that depth I'm either coming up on a deco rig or dropping down quickly past it on my way to the bottom. they wear like steel, are easy to adjust the cracking pressure, are impossible to over breathe and are very compact in the first stage. And since they don't have an up-down or left-right they work just as well if you have to turn it upside down to share with another diver... try that with your apeks and you'll get a mouthfull of water with each breath. Oh, and I can configure my regs so one comes over each shoulder. That way I never have to think which reg goes with which first stage if anything ever happened. I'll never get rid of my cyklons.

For deco I just got an OMS O2 reg. For an unbalanced piston it's a remarkably good breathing regulator. I'm not sure who is making the regs for OMS but for $140 from LP it can't be beat for an O2 ready, color coded reg straight out of the box.
Was using an oceanic alpha for deco but cracked the second stage when someone (thanks lou) dropped a tank on it on the boat. To get a new body and overhaul both the first and second was $110. Brandy spankin new deco reg was $140... no too tough a choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom