New Book coming out in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A pdf file can now be saved in the iPad's iBook library, no problem, since the new iOS was released. Tap the pdf file once, and the option to open the file in iBook mode will appear via a button on the upper left. Tap that button and the file is opened (and saved) in iBooks.

And the book cover will appear on the iBook bookshelf in the "PDF" section for future access.

Hey Jim, I just saved you $400! :D

I believe there's a Kindle app. for the iPad, so iPad users can read the Kindle version fine.

Richard.

Oops, I forgot about that, and i have several dive books on my Kindle app already! Both the Kindle and iBooks applications are free, btw, so pretty much all iPad owners have one or the other if not both.

Last night I finished the glossary. I tried to gear it towards new divers and include terms used in the book with some slang that they might also hear. I will be starting on a reference page that will include books that have influenced me the most and that I've found most useful. In addition there will be websites and message boards that I believe they can use to find useful information. In the glossary is also the only place that I refer to agencies. They are listed by their acronym -acronym is spelled out- and that they are a training agency. Period. I tried to list the majors and will be taking another look tonite at that. I don't want to offend anyone but I'm sure that there are agencies, especially outside the US I have not heard of or may no longer exist. Feel free to send suggestions for the next couple weeks if you have heard of some that may not be common knowledge and I will try to list them as well. If I receive them in time. I'll be looking at pricing structure during the Christmas week since I have vacation time I'll be using. Preorders (prepaid)will be taken starting once I have it nailed down. Should be by second week of January. Amount of orders will determine the initial run of print versions. All print version orders will be numbered and signed in the order they are received. CD versions will include a letter stating they are from the first "burning":D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom