New booties for feet with high instep. What to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
My foot's rist is high, I have problems to step in any kind of shoes. Booties are diffcult as well. When I am inside the bootie the problem is solved due to elastic neoprene. But stepping inside is sometimes not possible. I tried Aqualung Superzip 5mm Wet Boots No chance to get in. Problem is the zip, it must go down to the sole otherwise opening is far to small.

In the www I found Booties Beuchat Sirocco Elite 7mm avec Zip This might work as zip really goes down as much as possible. Unfortunately I can not find these booties in Switzerland or south of Germany. I must be able to test them in a shop or at least order, test and send back. Beuchat dit not answer my questions and Beuchat's dealer list is outdated. So perhaps I must forget about Beuchat.

Are there any other booties having a very long zip? Google gave no answert to me.

Specifications:
- 7mm or at least 5mm neoprene
- Reasonable sole. Not extremly fat such as seac sub booties - Bing but also not to thin such as neoprene socks.
- Price does not matter
- Brand does not matter
- Best would be a good rubber protection at heel as I use spring straps which like to destroy neoprene

Thanks for your help.

Seasoft Stealth. I have a similar issue and the Seasoft boots, both the 3 mm and the 6mm Stealth work well for me. It is a hard soled boot, but very comfortable.

Well Seasoft Stealth seem to have really bulky sole, I am afraid they do not match my fins. I prefere thinner sole. Not neoprene socks but anything in between.

A 2mm neo sock works wonders for don/doff of neo boots. They also make getting your leg through the wetsuit that much easier.

Well Seasoft Stealth seem to have really bulky sole, I am afraid they do not match my fins. I prefere thinner sole. Not neoprene socks but anything in between.
My other 5mm boots are Mares They are stretchy enough that putting them on isn't too bad. They don't have much of a sole and are comfortable for my feet.

What about a back zip boot like the Poseidon One?

A 2mm neo sock works wonders for don/doff of neo boots. They also make getting your leg through the wetsuit that much easier.
This does not help. I do not get easy into a neo sock as zip is missing. And when I am finaly in there the booties opening still is far to small.

Oh, I ve never seen the Poseidon back entry booties, thanks. But do they survive spring straps? I can hardly imagine. Spring is crossing the zip, I guess this will damage the zip. Any experiences?

Back
Top Bottom