New Bungee Compass Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No.

If you want a compass that turns when tilted use a SK7 or Pelagic MaxTilt or Super Tilt.

If you want low profile use a FS-1

What advantage does the FS-2 offer over the units mentioned above?

Tobin
It's a combination of being low profile plus supertilt! While the FS-2 is slightly larger than the FS-1 (dive buddy has one), it's nothing compare to the gigantic SK-7 (I own one, and 'cos of that I bought a DSS to go with...hence my sincere wish for DSS to make one for FS-2).

Better yet, the FS-2 is not calibrated to any specific zone, unlike the SK-7 -- a major problem when travelling abroad (which I do from time to time travelling between the northern/southern hemispheres) in which the needle keeps sticking.

Those are pretty solid advantages to me!

Can anyone recommend a bungee mount for a XS Scuba Standard Compass? Thank you!!

I'm not sure which compass you are referencing, but here's my advice:

To the best of my knowledge, only DSS produces after market bungee mounts for 3rd party dive instruments.

Injection molds are expensive.

You are far more likely to succeed if you research which mounts are available for before you purchase the instrument.

Tobin

I love my Suunto Compass and DSS mount.

I hate my Aeris compass and can not imagine treating it to such an honor.

I have used a couple of Tobin's mounts and can safely say you will be pleased if you pick one up for your compass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom