New compumask guy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fireplug

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got my Compumask and got to wondering... Is it compatible with chlorinated, pool water? Is there a way to turn it off other than pushing the side button? Seems to me that it goes into a sleep mode, with the computer still running. Any ideas on how to bungee cord or otherwise attach that expensive dude to my body?

Love the concept, obviously, but will know lots more after end of month diving off of Ft. Lauderdale.

Will post a progress report then.

Fireplug

Just got my Compumask and got to wondering... Is it compatible with chlorinated, pool water? Is there a way to turn it off other than pushing the side button? Seems to me that it goes into a sleep mode, with the computer still running. Any ideas on how to bungee cord or otherwise attach that expensive dude to my body?

Love the concept, obviously, but will know lots more after end of month diving off of Ft. Lauderdale.

Will post a progress report then.

Fireplug

I use mine in heavily chlorinated pools al the time. I just rinse it off with clean tapwater afterwards. No problems with it so far.

As promised, an update on my compumask. I LOVE IT!!! I am a much better diver because of it. No fumbling around for a console, my ascent rate is micromanaged, safety stops are exact...just great. Only problem I have is getting the mask to download to my laptop dive log. Seems like everytime is a peck fest trying to get it to link up. Would be nice if Aeris would publish a step by step checklist of what to plug in when, turn on next and what the little symbols actually mean on the tool bar instead of having to peck and guess. Love the mask but not at all happy with the computer log. You would think it would autolaunch when the software detects the mask, so on and so on. Great product except for the instructions which were written by a gifted computer nerd for other gifted computer nerds.

As promised, an update on my compumask. I LOVE IT!!! I am a much better diver because of it. No fumbling around for a console, my ascent rate is micromanaged, safety stops are exact...just great. Only problem I have is getting the mask to download to my laptop dive log. Seems like everytime is a peck fest trying to get it to link up. Would be nice if Aeris would publish a step by step checklist of what to plug in when, turn on next and what the little symbols actually mean on the tool bar instead of having to peck and guess. Love the mask but not at all happy with the computer log. You would think it would autolaunch when the software detects the mask, so on and so on. Great product except for the instructions which were written by a gifted computer nerd for other gifted computer nerds.

howdy

mine gives me step by step instructions each time i atempt to up/dn load.
someone else said the connections in the cable are lacking and he has to hold the cable just right to get the xfer.

kws

Back
Top Bottom