New Course on U-Boat Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand the classroom part. Where does the pool and quarry fit in?

What is the "2009 U-Boat Tour" ? And how exactly does it fit in with this course?

Sounds like the course is a promotion for the tour. Actually, the course is not expensive and if it sparks some interest in a diver who needs their skill set expanded, what is wrong? At least with the dives they are teaching what to expect after they hit the water.

I think that a lot of us have done strange dives/sites to 'get the t shirt'. I know a lot of people who drive 7 hours to drive to Balmorea for a unique dive. Not to mention people who dive the Vahalla silo, Family Scuba Center, Inc. > Home. Sounds like a nice idea to pump up the local diving.

Off the UK south coast the German navy generously left behind many U boat wreck sites for us to visit. :wink: We also have some British subs as wreck sites. Given that penetration is either impossible or illegal (depending on the site) there are no special skills involved.

The wreck might be a return to shot dive, if in a shipping lane, so everyone has to run a line out, but that is about it for special skills.

As a history course the lectures sound quite interesting. I would also suggest that to gain an understanding of life in a U boat that attendees read the novel Das Boot (The Boat)

Maybe PADI should make this a "specialty" course. Remember that all time fav "Boat Diver"!!

Put Another $$ In.

Interesting, isn't it?

SSI offers a specialty course for $$$, but PADI gets ripped for it.

I guess it's just a reflex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom