NEW Cozumel Update from Aldora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtnpaul:
This has maybe been discussed else where, but can this be done as a shore dive and is it worthwhile? How deep is it?

thanks,

paul

i stayed at the villa aldora last year. what it is basically is as soon as you jump off the ledge/dock they have there, it is/was about 10 feet deep and is essentially a mini wall. you will find corals, urchins, smaller juvenile forms of larger ocean fish, sargeant majors, small rays and an octopus if your lucky. whenever me and my brother were not diving or in town, we were snorkeling this "mini" wall. occasionally a barracuda will come shallow there, and i have even heard of an eagle ray coming close.

I'm not getting involved...everyone knows where I stand on this "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead" issue...lol...its amazing how many "new members" are constantly singing the praises of one dive shop though...isn't it S-T-R-A-N-G-E?

gratefuljames:
...its amazing how many "new members" are constantly singing the praises of one dive shop though...isn't it S-T-R-A-N-G-E?

If they are "constantly" making posts are they still new members?:14:

One of my dive buds was in Coz in Dec and heard they're going to sink some more ships as artificial reefs........Anyone no if this is so?

scubajim:
One of my dive buds was in Coz in Dec and heard they're going to sink some more ships as artificial reefs........Anyone no if this is so?

Do any of those ships have the words Carnaval written on the side?

pilot fish:
Do any of those ships have the words Carnaval written on the side?

Haha...now that was funny :)

Jim, to answer your question, I've not heard a peep about this. Seriously, just what ships would they sink and where?

Back
Top Bottom