New dive boat biz in the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick - Er, in order to put in comments I'd have to change the whole site to something like WordPress, but that makes everything ten times more difficult than using HTML. I thought of putting in some "testimonials", but they always seem so corny or staged. Bottom line is, how can one NOT have a good time on that type of boat, diving in the Florida Keys? (Well, except for yesterday afternoon when we got clobbered with this season's first tropical storm, heh.)

Doubler - Yep, it's just a per-person rate, doesn't matter if there's two people or six.

Nice site. I will be down there next month. I will give you a call and hopefully get in an extra dive with you if time permits.

krawdady - Thanks for the interest. As far as the deep wrecks go, give a call. It depends on which wreck and the experience level of you and your group. The Eagle is fairly easy, but both the Duane and Bibb pose serious challenges. For example, the current around the Duane can rip your facemask right off your head if you turn it sideways. On the other hand, supposedly the largest moray eel in the western hemisphere resides in her stern, so it all depends.

Chuck

Hey Chuck, welcome to ScubaBoard.

That is really an impressive M/Y for a six pack dive charter vessel. Mainships are great yachts. I hope you have great success and I am sure anyone that books aboard your boat will have a ball. Good luck with your business venture.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Sweet lookin thang(boat, ship) when i get to fla will look you up. With your attitude you will be very successful. Good luck

Thanks Chuck. I was just wondering if you go out there. I have numerous dives on the Duane and the Speigel Grove in conditons that were near perfect and others that made me wish I stayed onshore with a cool drink. Most of the guys I dive with tend to have quite a bit of experience. I will get in touch with you.

Phil and SDiver - Thanks for the encouraging words. Yes, she's really a neat ship. What really makes her stand out is the center helm. I presume they did it that way to allow easy access to the foredeck, but it has two great side effects. Not only does it allow the pilot to see all four sides of the vessel (for ease of parking as well as safety), but it also keeps him 'in the loop' with all the passengers. None of that looking-over-your-shoulder routine, trying to stay up with the conversation. And the entire helm is done in white, so it has a decidedly modern look. The only wood on the entire boat are the two steps leading down into the salon. :)

Chuck

Very nice Ride ya got there. Website looks good too!
I look forward to diving with you some time.
Tom

Web site looks great and it looks like it would be a blast going out with you! Best of luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom