New Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
HI all,

I have searched, and maybe missed it.

Of the newest computers I am looking at the largest size available (Vision for the blind). I am using lenses to see far but can no longer see my vyper well. I do not want to do fancy lenses on my face mask. It has nitrox trimix, and tank pressure (the computer not my mask lol). I only need nitrox (I just set it to 21 when using air). I would like tank pressure. An i would like tank pressure. I think I mentioned tank pressure? (but not a deal breaker if not included).

So priority BIG BOLD VISUAL!!!!!

Respect to all.

Regards.

.....So priority BIG BOLD VISUAL!!!!! .....
Define "BIG BOLD"

Would the screen of an iPad be big enough for You? :D

Check out Mares Icon HD Net Ready. I have a problem seeing and tried everything (even a hand held magnifying glass). The Icon has a "night mode". I have no trouble reading all the numbers and alarms/warninigs are shown in color (usually red). Tank pressure is numeric as well as icon based. Specific psi amounts can be set and are color coded.

As my eyes age, I've come up with two solutions, neither of which is perfect but both of which help.

I got multifocal contact lenses, which help with up-close reading in decent lighting.

I got a "bifocal mask" which has the bottom corrected to +2.00. Got it at my LDS for $79.

I'm using a Suunto Vyper, and can read the display fine, as long as I use the "reading" portion of my mask. Been using it for 3 years and still holding up fine.

Oceanic Pro Plus?

https://www.sub-gravity.com/product/subgravity-hudc-head-up-dive-computer/

That should fit the bill. It's a HUD, so it gets it real close to your face, so that should help you out, it's air integrated which is a perk, and is the same unit that AP Diving is putting on the Vision, so it's quality.

Thanks but out of my price range. Nice looking kit though.

Check out Mares Icon HD Net Ready. I have a problem seeing and tried everything (even a hand held magnifying glass). The Icon has a "night mode". I have no trouble reading all the numbers and alarms/warninigs are shown in color (usually red). Tank pressure is numeric as well as icon based. Specific psi amounts can be set and are color coded.

I will look at them thanks for the info.

As my eyes age, I've come up with two solutions, neither of which is perfect but both of which help.

I got multifocal contact lenses, which help with up-close reading in decent lighting.

I got a "bifocal mask" which has the bottom corrected to +2.00. Got it at my LDS for $79.

I'm using a Suunto Vyper, and can read the display fine, as long as I use the "reading" portion of my mask. Been using it for 3 years and still holding up fine.

Thanks same dive computer as mine. My trouble in Canada I am looking more like $300 plus for bifocal lenses. Maybe I should hunt down south and look at getting a deal. Thanks.

Oceanic Pro Plus?

I will look at them thanks.

Some how I missed the Iphone one but please lol

---------- Post added November 12th, 2014 at 08:06 PM ----------

Define "BIG BOLD"

Would the screen of an iPad be big enough for You? :D

Okay I will bite "about this big hehe. not the computer just the screen"I want the computer about this big. LOL Bad boy, bad,bad boy, oh and I am not an "Isheepal"

the H3 is the watch style computer, has a 1.7" screen that is decently large, will be announced for real at dema next week, price is $950. Petrel is pretty darn big in recreational nitrox mode, would recommend you go check that one out. Small Canadian company to boot

Love Canadians.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom