New Diver and Dive Buddies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those of you with weekday time, I often have weekday availability, and I'm happy to go out with new divers. I was shown so much generosity when I was new, I love paying it forward. Please feel free to PM or e-mail me about going diving. I've already been out with the OP on this thread!

Don't mind at all ... I work a day job (the usual business hours), but often dive after work. If a late afternoon dive works for you, let me know ... I can be at most dive sites between Seattle and Tacoma around 4 to 4:30 PM.

You might also consider posting on Northwest Dive Club ... it's a local forum consisting of a bunch of very active, friendly divers who are always looking for other folks to dive with.

Where in MA did you come from? I lived in that area for 23 years ... various places from Hingham to Rockport to Worcester ... sadly, I didn't dive back then ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Late afternoon should work depending on the day. I work until 10am wed-fri and until the early afternoon Sat and Sun...Mon and Tues off. I live on Bainbridge so I could be out in Seattle by the afternoon easily. I used to live on Cape Cod for a while but for the last three years I lived up on the Northshore in Ipswich (when not at school in VT) which is like 20 minutes away from Rockport. From diving on the Hood Canal I can vouch that the coldness and bad visibility are nearly the same so if you go back that way you may not even notice a difference. I will post a thread on the NW dive club, but let me know when would be good to dive for you and 4ish could work.

Late afternoon should work depending on the day. I work until 10am wed-fri and until the early afternoon Sat and Sun...Mon and Tues off. I live on Bainbridge so I could be out in Seattle by the afternoon easily. I used to live on Cape Cod for a while but for the last three years I lived up on the Northshore in Ipswich (when not at school in VT) which is like 20 minutes away from Rockport. From diving on the Hood Canal I can vouch that the coldness and bad visibility are nearly the same so if you go back that way you may not even notice a difference. I will post a thread on the NW dive club, but let me know when would be good to dive for you and 4ish could work.

Next week I'm available any day after Christmas. The following week's pretty much open at this point. Let's plan a dive ... West Seattle's easy for you, since there's a ferry from Bainbridge to downtown, and it's an easy drive from there to the dive site.

Drop me a PM and we'll work out the details ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You are always welcome to come dive with me Monday afternoons or Tuesdays {anytime} and sometime even on Thursday mornings. As you can tell, I work weekends! I am known as Bassman on the nwdiveclub.com board. I live in Lakewood, {down by Ft Lewis}. There are some very good sites to explore. I would gladly show you a few of them. I've been diving for about three years and I am rescue diver Certified with nearly 200 dives. I'm not even close to the experience level of some of the folks around here but I can be a good buddy to almost anyone!

Back
Top Bottom