New diver cold water reg kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corbach

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi There im a New certified owd diver.

Im looking forward to get a complete reg kit

First stage second stage safe second and gauge

For 1000$ max

I live in Canada and need something that can work under cold water as low of 4 celcius

The Apeks regs work well in those conditions. Should be able to find a DS4 or DST first stage with XTX50 primary and XTX40 secondary with gauge for something in the price range.

Last edited:
Scubapro MK17/G260 would be a great option as well.

Edit: I added ^^^^ this link. The set is $626

Last edited:
Scubapro MK17/G260 would be a great option as well.

While I agree, and I dive the 17/g250v combination, I am not sure it is in his budget (unless a used set can be obtained). I'm seeing around $900 USD at LeisurePro...

That Apeks listed above seems interesting.....

apex xl4 and ds4 what do you think?

apex xl4 and ds4 what do you think?
Looks like an updated DS4 but I am not familiar with it. I would be tempted to jump on one of the ATX regs listed above at $300CAD and no tax. Just need to add a pressure gauge and maybe swap hoses. Mares regs are not as well known for coldwater performance as Apeks are.

Also new diver here:

Too many to chose from. All suggestions made are good ones. Any sealed regulator set that has a pre-dive lever and breathing effort adjustments.

I like the Zeagle FH8. I dive in water that cold throughout the winter and not much warmer the rest of the year.

So far it has been great.

I have tech diver friends who wouldn't touch anything that doesn't say Apeks on it.

Back
Top Bottom