New diver cold water reg kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am techy oriented it seems really easy to service your own regs yourself if you follow the manufaturer guide
do you guys discourage servicing is own regulator?

I wish I could get the service kits myself.

I've worked on helicopters, turbine engines for almost 30 years.

I'd rather do the work myself. I love have seen the tech at my LDS do some fairly ham fisted work.

No but i dont want my reg to fail by my fault

No but i dont want my reg to fail by my fault
Learnt it properly.
I only serviced my own regs and they have never failed. Do it carefully and diligently and it should never fail.
Apeks is dead easy to service, the problem is the availability of the service kit in some countries.

i got my sherwood blizzard from the sale section and pieced together a reg set for less than $400. even not on sale the blizzard (blizzard pro for additional cost) and compliments could be pieced together around $500 or so ( i am trying to remember prices and did not look up excact numbers).

Although not for everyone, reality is with a bit of homework it's just not that hard. Regs are relatively simple mechanical devices. The subtleties can take a while to learn though and that's through experience and not by following a service manual.

Back
Top Bottom