New diver here! I am curious what everyones recommendations are for gear as a beginner.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a newer diver, I see the attraction of a camera. But it is way off in the distance. BCD and regulator are coming far sooner. Maybe in a week for an upcoming dive so I can start to get used to them. Then a dry suit. A year or two from now, maybe a camera. Maybe.

I'd say the last thing a newer diver needs is a camera. You need to learn to dive first. Get a hundred or so dives in and then consider it, maybe.
That’s exactly what I said

I’ve got something like 700 dives, and like 80+ full cave dives. I *just* started taking a camera into a cave — but only a stand-alone GoPro, to be used only on the way *back*, and only for a few seconds in areas of the cave I know *well*, and with no nearby navigation decisions. It’s crazy how many fatalities include a camera…

I kinda miss the days of wildly expensive underwater still image cameras. Kept the number of people using one way down… :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom