New Diver in Cincinnati

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jejones75

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I'm a new diver in Cincinnati, Ohio. So far, I've only been in the pool, quarries and a lake & my buoyancy is an absolute mess! I got certified with my 14 year old daughter & my thought was to work on our technique locally (in dirty, muddy, yucky quarries) and get to BLUE WATER as often as possible!

Can you tell I'm not a big fan of muddy water so far?

Hi:

Quarry diving can be decent; don't know whether you've been to Pennyroyal Blue Spring resort in Hopkinsville, KY, or Vortex Spring in Ponce de Leon, Florida.

Then again, warm water ocean diving can be sweet indeed. A trip to Bonaire or Cozumel might be right up your alley.

Richard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome to Scuba Board and to the great fun of diving. Buoyancy is something that improves with practice. Warm water is great but you may find the brown water less brown as your buoyancy improves.

Hi all,

I'm a new diver in Cincinnati, Ohio. So far, I've only been in the pool, quarries and a lake & my buoyancy is an absolute mess! I got certified with my 14 year old daughter & my thought was to work on our technique locally (in dirty, muddy, yucky quarries) and get to BLUE WATER as often as possible!

Can you tell I'm not a big fan of muddy water so far?

Hello and welcome,

Much of the local diving around here is hit or miss, but there are some really good spots. As Richard mentioned, PennyRoyal is a great dive site. We also go to Mermet Springs and Loch Low Minn in the summertime quite a bit. As far as blue water goes, we have a group going down to Crystal River in February to swim with the manatees and dive the springs. You can't get much clearer that spring water... gin clear and 72 year round with no thermocline.

If you're ever interested in getting together and diving, in the summer I dive almost every weekend somewhere around here, and I teach everything from open water through divemaster, small private classes. I also run trips all through the summer to local and regional quarries with a few larger trips thrown in here and there.

Nice to meet you.

John

Hola jejones. If you don't mind the drive (or driving dry) this winter, we're always up north diving Gilboa or Whitestar. Can get up to 100ft in the cold months. We also run dive trips to different locations both here in the states and abroad. You should link up with us some time!

Back
Top Bottom