New diver in nc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RandomGuy1

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for some folks to get some dives in with around the hickory area. Should be finishing up my ow cert here in the next few weeks and I am wanting to find some folks to dive with this summer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

There's not a ton of diving out west, but if you're willing to drive an hour or two, the Raleigh Area Divers group on Facebook is active every week in the local quarries. They round up groups to go out to the coast or down to the Florida Springs fairly often as well. Scuba Diving in North Carolina. NC wreck diving, NC dive trips, Diving in NC. is another decent resource. And Down Under Surf & Scuba and Gypsy Divers both have active dive clubs and trips.

Last edited:
I just finished up my OW cert over the weekend so now I am ready to dive! I have been by the shop there at Lake Hickory and did purchase my mask, fins and snorkel there. Pretty nice set up you have. Need to stop by again sometime soon and see if I can get you all to hook me up with some local divers so I can get in the water more!

Hey Richiewrt, Congratulations on your certification. Definitely come by and we can hook you up with some great divers. Also check into the PDRA (Piedmont Diving and Rescue Association), they own 3 quarries here in North Carolina, and offer so much to a diver. You can check out the website at Piedmont Diving & Rescue Association ? NCPDRA. Also remember we do trips every month and several big trips a year. We are heading out this weekend and two week ends from now, up to Lake Rawlings in Virginia. It is a very cheap trip, with great diving, camping, and fun. Congrats again on your certification!!!!!!!

Hi Richiewrt. I am in Clemmons, just down the road on I-40. I plan on having my OW at the end of August, maybe the beginning of September. Still trying to find the right course and instructor. Who did you get your OW through? What were your impressions?

Hi Richiewrt. I am in Clemmons, just down the road on I-40. I plan on having my OW at the end of August, maybe the beginning of September. Still trying to find the right course and instructor. Who did you get your OW through? What were your impressions?

I just saw in another post that you were already working on you OW, but I will answer you question anyway. I went through The Dive Shop in Claremont for my OW, and have since completed my AOW (actually PDIC level 2) through Lake Hickory Scuba. I was very happy with both shops. I have also joined the PDRA and try to dive as often as I can at the quarry at lake norman so let me know if you want to go diving sometime.

hi, im a diver from asheville nc. i was also certified through lake hickory scuba and marina. They are great people and run an awesome operation. If youwould like to dive sometime shoot me a call or text at (828)-712-8932
Looking for some folks to get some dives in with around the hickory area. Should be finishing up my ow cert here in the next few weeks and I am wanting to find some folks to dive with this summer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I just finished up my OW cert over the weekend so now I am ready to dive! I have been by the shop there at Lake Hickory and did purchase my mask, fins and snorkel there. Pretty nice set up you have. Need to stop by again sometime soon and see if I can get you all to hook me up with some local divers so I can get in the water more!

I have my OW, and will soon have my AOW. I haven't gotten a chance to dive in your area yet. Did you dive in Lake Hickory? How was the visibility?

Back
Top Bottom