New diver in NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noj3333

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just finished my PADI eLearning course... can't want to get my pool sessions done and then my ocean dives! I'll be doing me certification course in Punta Cana, DR. Any tips or advice?

Welcome to the world of diving!

I'd just say focus on having fun, keep training/diving. I hope you have the chance to get in a lot of dives while you are down there.

Just finished my PADI eLearning course... can't want to get my pool sessions done and then my ocean dives! I'll be doing me certification course in Punta Cana, DR. Any tips or advice?
I would say to complete academics and pool requirements here in NY and just do the dives on holiday.
I honestly feel that you would have a better experience this way and not feel rushed.
Pm me if you need a facility in NY to get this done. I am located in westchester NY..Yonkers. .have full access to a heated salt water pool. Can schedule you in for either a group class that runs on a Friday 7pm to 11pm/Saturday /Sunday 9am to 4 pm ( less costly) or private that you name day and time that fits your needs.

I would do that in heart beat, but I live in Albany, and my LDS doesn't seem to have great accesses to a pool (just the dates and times they can line up for their courses). I do appreciate the offer though.

Are you in NYC, NY? Dutch Springs is only a bus ride away. Its not the Caribbean, but you can do a quick weekend dive there and bump up your experience.

Well to anybody who cares, or for future search results... We (my wife and I) did out OW training with Pelicano Sports (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic). The staff was nice, and overall it was a good experience. We didn't have a chance to do additional dives, so I can't comment on much outside of the OW training...
Can't wait to get diving again come February of 2016!

I would do that in heart beat, but I live in Albany, and my LDS doesn't seem to have great accesses to a pool (just the dates and times they can line up for their courses). I do appreciate the offer though.

You might want to consider joining the Albany Aquanauts (Home) and the NYS Divers Association (New York State Divers Association). Both do a lot of diving around NY over the warm months. Albany Aquanauts have meetings year round and a yearly group trip somewhere warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom