New diver in Orange County, California!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey, Scuba Boarders!

Just wanted to introduce myself-- I'm a newly certified (as of May 2012) diver to the Orange County area, So Cal. My husband initially became interested in getting SCUBA certified a few years ago and, after we scraped together the money, we somehow managed to afford his certification and a full set of gear (but not without a lot of b*tching from moi about the cost of it all). He did the certification classes with one of his friends, and after they were certified, they religiously went diving in Laguna Beach almost every weekend. He would wake up up at 6:00AM on Saturday mornings and lug all of his ridiculously heavy gear out to the car on cold winter mornings to go dive at the beach and all I remember thinking is, "ARE YOU FREAKING INSANE?? HOW IS THIS APPEALING TO YOU?" Well, not long after he became certified, he bought a GoPro, and after watching the first video he taped using it on a dive, I was seriously astounded by what could be found off the California coast. It was beautiful and awesome, and I began to see what the draw scuba diving was. Fast-forward a year or so-- my husband's only dive buddy has become a rather successful professional photographer who, due to travel and other work-related constraints, has little time to dive. So, when my husband suggested I get certified, I thought, "Eh, why not," never thinking I would truly fall in love with it or want to go every weekend or buy all my own gear.

I was wrong.

After my first OW dive, I was hooked. My husband and I went to the scuba shop that week and purchased a full set of gear for me. Now that I am certified, I am ready to conquer the southern California coast and beyond with my husband (and anyone else who would like to join us, for that matter). I look forward to participating in this forum and taking advantage of all it has to offer.

Thanks!!

Hi there and welcome to the sport! Diving is awesome and while I often don't like lugging all the gear around I do it for the love of the ocean and critters! I live in Orange County, also, and dive quite a bit and more recently with my wife for similar reasons that you describe.

I have a video channel on youtube.com/leabre

Ping me anytime and we can dive anytime (most weekends if I'm not assisting a class and on weekday evenings sometimes given at least a 2 day notice).

Welcome aboard and I'm glad you found the wonders of our underwater world!!!!

Please feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in the fun we have here:
SoCal

Hope to see you in the water one day soon....dive on in and enjoy:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom