New Diver in St Louis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Goddard once bubbled...

Actually, unless you're doing caves the Quality thing applies even if you only dive there once.

Welcome aboard, Kathleen

Any recommendations?:)

Welcome aboard Kathleen! You'll find several folks on the board from lovely landlocked St. Louis!

MgicTwnger is correct - Mermet is the best 'close' place to go (if you're not cave trained).

How was the diving in Norfolk Lake?

Vis in the Midwest leaves a lot to be desired - but the important thing is just to be in the water!

Good luck on your AOW!

totalangel once bubbled...
Welcome aboard Kathleen! You'll find several folks on the board from lovely landlocked St. Louis!

MgicTwnger is correct - Mermet is the best 'close' place to go (if you're not cave trained).

How was the diving in Norfolk Lake?

Vis in the Midwest leaves a lot to be desired - but the important thing is just to be in the water!

Good luck on your AOW!

Thank you!!! I agree with you, Id rather be in any water than no water. I'm not cave trained yet...I do not feel ready. I will definately do it when I feel I have enough experience under my belt.

Norfolk Lake is huge...its pretty nice. There are lots of fish and they have sunken things spread out down there for you to dive on. I think the 101 Boat Dock is the best down there.

ScubaKathleen once bubbled...

Thank you!!! I agree with you, Id rather be in any water than no water. I'm not cave trained yet...I do not feel ready. I will definately do it when I feel I have enough experience under my belt.

Norfolk Lake is huge...its pretty nice. There are lots of fish and they have sunken things spread out down there for you to dive on. I think the 101 Boat Dock is the best down there.

I agree - caves and wrecks are on my list too!

Thanks for the feedback on Norfolk - think I'll be adding that one to my list of places to go. PM me if you're ever looking for a dive buddy.

Diver Kat once bubbled...
Welcome Kathleen!! Good luck on you AOW and post a trip report on your travels when your return!!:)

Well due to problems with my ears I did not acheive AOW but I am now an Adventure Diver and certified in Nitrox. In January I'm planning on going to the Virgin Islands!

Hi

Welcome to the board from the other side of the state.

Happy and Safe Diving

Ron

Hello Kathleen and welcome to the scubaboard. I am also a "newbie" diver from the St. Louis area. I just got certified a few months ago and have already been on about 10 open water dives in Missouri. There are a number of places to go dive that are nice. Table Rock Lake in Branson, MO. is nice with good visibility. Also there are a number of quarries and spring fed rivers that make for some nice diving!! Good luck on your diving!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom