New Diver in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kid Doc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My friend @Sir Garreth told me about this forum so I decided to check it out and I can't believe we didn't find it sooner. I am a new diver with only a handful of dives under my belt and am only OW certified at this point so any tips or equipment suggestions would be much appreciated. Also, I live in the more inland part of Texas so any good suggestions for weekend dive spots would also be nice.

Welcome to Scubaboard & diving!

My tip is to just do as much diving as you can & of course, read as much as you can too. I've been diving a while, but I continue to learn so much just by reading this forum & the dive publications out there.

Happy diving!

My friend @Sir Garreth told me about this forum so I decided to check it out and I can't believe we didn't find it sooner. I am a new diver with only a handful of dives under my belt and am only OW certified at this point so any tips or equipment suggestions would be much appreciated. Also, I live in the more inland part of Texas so any good suggestions for weekend dive spots would also be nice.
Where are you located and have you checked out divebuddy.com?

Welcome and enjoy. I have found this board to be bountiful in information.

howdy and welcome from Southeast Florida.....

Hi and Welcome from San Francisco!

I'm a new diver too and, everyone has been really nice to me here.

~Becca

Where are you located and have you checked out divebuddy.com?
Yes actually signed up on that site right after this one per my friend's suggestion.

Yes actually signed up on that site right after this one per my friend's suggestion.
If your are close i am going to blue lagoon this saturday. If you get there just ask for me and they will direct you to my site.

Im on there as KS54 or KS-54

Once you have a couple dozen dives under your belt, consider a trip out of Freeport to the Flower Garden and Stetson Banks National Marine Sanctuaries, with these folks:
Fling Charters
I did this as my first "real" dive trip after OW, in early September when the weather is near-optimal (if no storms around), water warm and clear, it's a sunny coral and wildlife paradise. Way offshore, but not that deep, the salt domes turn a deep bottom into diveable "hills" in the 70 to 90 foot depth range. Sign up with a texas dive shop that's booked part of the boat's capacity, you'll have a 'krewe' from whom you'll find a buddy, and have a DM in attendance..
"Hotel" and meals included, it's dive-eat-sleep-repeat, repeat. And every table has an ocean view...;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom