New diver toys at Beaver Lake!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats allright, I'm sure it'll turn up sooner or later.

We need a detailed map of Beaver Lake and all it's treasures...

Should be diving at Beaver Lake this weekend. Hopefully I'll have some excellent info for everyone on locaitons. Possibly pics too, provided vis allows!

10 -15 ft viz and 68 degrees?
thats horrible!!! i was at the north dam park sept 6-8 and the viz was 20-25 ft and at 30 ft the h2o was 78 degrees!!! i am heading there oct 6-8 with 2 new divers and all i have done is brag about the water temp and viz. ooops

I live here on Beaver Lake. Rumor has it the reason the water temps and viability is crappy all of a sudden is due to the lake turning over. I was out today and surface water temp was 72 degrees with an air temp of 87 degrees which made the water feel very cold!!

Yep. Water temp was 72 degrees. It started at 70 around noon, then got warmer.

The vis in the cove w/ the copter was about 15-20ft (a little more in some places) until you hit about 40ft, then it dwindled off.

Got some pics of the copter, some fish giving me some goofy look, the moped, someone's autograph in the algae on a boat, and one of the planes. Unfortunately, on my way to Eureka Springs to grab a meal, I hit a stinking armadillo and am now stuck here til morning waiting to get a tire repaired or replaced on the motorcycle. So I'll post pics another time.

Pics are still turning out murky in the cove. Might be because I don't have a strobe, but it may also be all the good ol green stuff floating in the water.....oh wait, it's because we had some students and everyone "mucked it up" a little. Great day though, we all had fun.

Still you had a good time and that's what counts. In my book the vis you had is excellant and I'd glady put up with that horrible vis. For what it's worth, Tablerock was pretty similar except the vis got better below 50 feet. Temps were similar as well, but then the lakes are close to each other and have similar origins.

Post those pics, I'd love to see them. The heli and plane are 2 things I'd love to see and haven't been able to get a boat to get there to see them. I'll live vicariously through your pics.

Went to Beaver this weekend. Had a chance to chat with the guy that is sinking all the stuff at the lake. He is planning on putting the wings for the one airplane in some time soon. He also stated that he has a DC-3 to sink.. Just has to figure a way to get it there. Now that will be fun for some penetration dives.

regul8r:
Went to Beaver this weekend. Had a chance to chat with the guy that is sinking all the stuff at the lake. He is planning on putting the wings for the one airplane in some time soon. He also stated that he has a DC-3 to sink.. Just has to figure a way to get it there. Now that will be fun for some penetration dives.

A DC-3 would be sweet!

The deeper of the 2 piper planes that is in the cove has at least 1 wing hanging in a tree next to it. The helicopter has both pieces of the main rotor and all 4 blades to the tail rotor still attached (almost hit my head on the tail rotor).

cummings66:
Now that is something I'd love to see, a DC-3 underwater.
a dc-3 would be great! have you ever been to mermet springs? they sank a 727 and thats a cool dive!

Back
Top Bottom