New diver - where to get regs serviced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Most of the "best local LDS" threads seem to be 10 years old or so. I'm in LA (South Bay) and just bought a used SP reg (G250/MK10+) that I'd like to have checked out. Where are the best places to bring or send it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
You have choices
  • Eco Dive Center (Culver City)
  • Dive N Surf (Redondo Beach)
  • Pacific Wilderness (San Pedro)
Not in any particular order, they're all decent shops.

Thanks. I see Eco Dive Center actually sends the regs out according to their website.

Dive N Surf is up the street from me. I didn't get the best feeling from the retail department so I thought I'd ask here just to be sure. I'll stop in again, otherwise I can bring the regs to Aqualab (where Eco Dive sends equipment to).

I'll stop in again, otherwise I can bring the regs to Aqualab
Had a buddy that did that, and was very happy.

I get the same feeling as you from dns retail store. Service is good if Jocko is still there.

Full disclosure, I service my own equipment these days.

I am geographically challenged regarding the left coast, but if you were to send them out, I cannot hesitate in recommending Glynn Palmer at Malibu Scuba Repair.

I will echo what others have said. Glynn is the man. Use the pre-paid priority boxes at your Post Office and send it to him by following the instructions on his website. When your items return, the condition they are in will convince you to go no where else.

Malibu Dive Repair

Oh sweet, mail-in service is even better! Glynn will be my guy.

In the meantime I've been looking at vids for DIY servicing the G250 and MK10. They're pretty simple, and if I had access to air I might just do them myself the first time.

Back
Top Bottom