New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I trust and respect all of your replies. I have come to my senses. Yea this morning my most important redundent equitment (Brain) started functioning again. I will not do any solo diving for quiet some time . I do need a dive buddy so if anyone would like to dive in Terrel Texas or Athens Texas please email me. I need to practice with someone who knows diving and safety who wouldnt mind watching out for me. I am a married male 33 years old and ready to get wet. Again thank you all for being so honest.

I know for a fact that I will NEVER dive alone. Too many possibilities of something gone wrong, and I never want to be alone in a situation like that, when all I needed was a buddy there to aid me in such times. Life is too important.

Man did you open a can of worms!!!!
This subject always gets the blood moving. In our society you can fly a plane by yourself, drive a car by yourself, operate heavy equipment by yourself...yada yada yada.

But, even talk about solo diving and you are gonna catch heck!!!

It doesnt matter what my personal proclivities are but let me save you about $16.00......

DO NOT buy the book that is out called Solo Diver..... it is the biggest waste of ink I have seen in years.

Good luck.....oh....now ask a question about buying life support gear over the internet!!!!

jackiemize

Firstly - you were right to seek advice before doing it! Secondly, you've been fed a lot of scare stories....which are true, but are basicly being used to scare you.

Diving solo means you have to understand everything and anything that is around you. I'm a Rescue Diver and although I feel confident in the water, wouldnt get in on my own even when I have been training in "Recsue".

The decision is always down to the diver as to whether they do or dont dive alone....many experienced divers do it on a regular basis and have never had any problems.

You can tell by the responses of the members that this is always quite a heated subject - if you look into Scubaboards archive you'll see how some getting quite heated.....I think anyone thinking of your safety would warn you off it.

All I can say is whatever YOU choose to do - do it safely!!! :D

jackiemize once bubbled...
I trust and respect all of your replies. I have come to my senses. Yea this morning my most important redundent equitment (Brain) started functioning again. I will not do any solo diving for quiet some time . I do need a dive buddy so if anyone would like to dive in Terrel Texas or Athens Texas please email me. I need to practice with someone who knows diving and safety who wouldnt mind watching out for me. I am a married male 33 years old and ready to get wet. Again thank you all for being so honest.

The most important piece of redundant equipment on your dive is YOUR BUDDY'S brain. YOUR brain is your most important piece of equipment :wink:

If you have trouble finding a buddy, ask around your LDS about any potential buddies or dive clubs in the area.

If you still have trouble, start your own club!

Solo = BAD. Period, two spaces.... (Of course this is IMHO)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom