New diving related (log book) iPhone App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Eternal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have recently gotten into iPhone development and my first fully function app that I have written is a dive log app (Dive Book Pro). I waited to post it up here until a bug fix went live (which it did today).

This is my first app and I am looking for feedback, good or bad. I designed it to be very customizable so it would suite everyone from beginning divers to those who do much more advanced technical dives. It is not perfect by any means but the more feedback I receive the more I can improve future versions. I am already well into development on version 2.0 which adds several new features.

Right now it is designed to work on IOS 4.1 or greater, so you will not be able to download it on your iPad or older iPhone. 4.2 is coming out for the iPad in a matter of weeks and you will be able to use then.

Here is some further info on the app:
DiveBook Pro

I also noticed that a app called Dive Book was released today, that is not mine - mine is Dive Book Pro.

Thanks for looking, and please let me know what you think.

Sorry, maybe I explained the versions bad. It will work on a 3g or 3gs right now. You just have to be running the most recent version of the operating system. If you phone is up to date, you can run this.

Your post seems a bit cheeky to me. Your app is not free (it costs $2.99), there are no ratings as yet, and you are asking us to beta-test it for a fee?! Cough up a "lite" version or a free trial version.

yeah, i'd love to try out a lite (free) version

No, not beta test. This is a full version, it has been out in use for a couple of weeks now. (Just the 1.0.1 bug fix was released today). I am simply asking for feedback in what you would want to see in future versions. As it is, this is one of the most functional mobile dive log apps that I have seen.

There is no lite version - a lite version would simply be like all of the other free, not very functional dive log apps out there. A lot of time and effort (several weeks of work) went into building this.

Now - I do get a certain amount of promotional codes that I would be more than willing to trade for some honest reviews - good or bad. I'll request a few from Apple so if anyone is interested let me know.

Now - I do get a certain amount of promotional codes that I would be more than willing to trade for some honest reviews - good or bad. I'll request a few from Apple so if anyone is interested let me know.

If you want to burn up a promotional code on a new diver like me, send me a PM.

Really, though - it is impolite to solicit advice (for free) on an app that you want us to pay $2.99 for. Tell you what - I will offer my truthful, honest evaluation for only $3.99.

Is there a desktop version to work with it? Honestly, having my dive info only on my phone isn't desirable. I love my Diving Log 5.0 for the Iphone. I can import or export to/from the laptop & phone. I add my dive info on the boat, the load it into the laptop when I get home. Costs a bit more for the basic version but it's enough to keep all I need and have it all on the computer.

I would also try it with the promotional code.

I already have a dive log app and am happy with it so will not pay for another. But here is what I like about my current app (Dive Log) if you want to know what the competition offers:

-will sync with my desktop Dive Log application so I enter my dives on my computer and download to my phone
-can enter site information including pictures, detailed descriptions plus GPS coordinates that if I click on it will take me to this location on Google Maps
-statistics on dives, and I can sort dives based on location, type of dive and buddy
-dives themselves show my computer profile, location, BT information, SAC rate based on air pressure (it works it out), weather, viz, type of water, entry, air temp, water temp, weight, dive suit, other equipment (check list from equipment I have entered on my desktop), dive type
-list of buddies that links up with my phone contact book
-personal information including cert cards (with photos if I put them on my desktop), all my equipment (including pictures, service date reminders, pricing, comments)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom