New DUI San Diego or Fusion Bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been teaching in Fusions for many years now......pool and ocean, cheap to just change the skin when it gets ratty........usually around every 400 dives or so for me.

I'd love to hear what you guys are calling "drama". I'm in the process of buying a custom fox extreme. My dui rep locally has told me all of the insider info about the changes at dui. You guys are making a corporate restructure sound like the end of the world. I'd love to hear what is supposedly going on to see how it compares to what I'm hearing straight from the horse's mouth.
By the way the service I've received as a repeat customer has been awesome.

I'd love to hear what you guys are calling "drama". I'm in the process of buying a custom fox extreme. My dui rep locally has told me all of the insider info about the changes at dui. You guys are making a corporate restructure sound like the end of the world. I'd love to hear what is supposedly going on to see how it compares to what I'm hearing straight from the horse's mouth.
By the way the service I've received as a repeat customer has been awesome.
It’s the family squabbles within DUI about how the business should be run that are making people nervous. This is not Microsoft changing out some obscure executive.

It’s the family squabbles within DUI about how the business should be run that are making people nervous. This is not Microsoft changing out some obscure executive.

He fired his daughter because she was t going in the direction he wanted. Specifically, she bought OMS after he made it clear it was not what he wanted. Though that wasnt the only factor in the decision.

Does a ceo change ruin a company? The sky's not falling, but people seem to think that's the case when things change. I've had alot of the bs explained to me by an insider that knows the reality of what's leading to some of these changes and has nothing to gain from it. Sure they're trying to vhange things for the positive after a recent history of negatives. Is dui not going to be here in 5 years. Highly unlikely.

I'd lean towards agreeing w/ Chilly_Diver and tbone1004 right now- I'd go with the Fusion suit. DUI had ( at one time) a fantastic reputation. As Susan, Kathy and Dick Long are all now gone - and the company's service department is like a ship with no rudder - I'm very, very skeptical at their service/ support capabilities for now.

I got my "from the good years*" DUI recently overhauled/updated through DUI. Overall, it wasn't the best experience, but some of those key people mentioned elsewhere did a whole bunch of things to hopefully make it right after returning it (DUI still hasn't lived up to the deal they made with me regarding this...). That being said, DRIS will likely now get any service work on this suit. I know they will do it right....

I'm saddened to see what DUI has become. My next dry suit will likely be from someone else... :(

* - I'm a "DOG" from 1996....

that'll get you into a custom fit USIA or O'Three which I would personally go with over the others, but if you fit into the fusion and it's $800, then I'd just grab that

+1 on O'Three. I have 2 custom DUI suits (CF200X and 30/30) and the custom O'Three is my favorite suit. Amazing service and the way they handled the Skype fitting session was pretty amazing.

Just the cost of the Zip Seals alone would make me second-guess buying a DUI suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom