New England Wreck Chart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update

Got an email from Dave Clancy (owner of wreckhunter.net) today. Looks like this chart may get put into his website (or some version of it, anyway) with possible collaberation for updates or new charts, pending his approval.

Thanks again to Dave for doing all the heavy lifting so that I was able to just copy and paste his data to make the chart.

Also, I'm currently emailing Capt. Dan Berg of aqua explorers and Shipwreck Expo to see if I can use his publicly published data to make more charts. He has data for the entire East Coast, Great Lakes, and the Caribbean areas, much of it available free on his website. I'm going to ask if I can chart out his freely available data for him. He sells guidebooks and e-books with much more data, but I don't want to impact his business or really go through that immense a volume of data.

Fixed a typo in the map. The Vineyard Lightship was listed as Vineyard Lighthouse. Here's a link to the updated chart. Anyone who has the KMZ I sent to them should still be OK, but that error will still be there. It's only in the waypoint name, so it doesn't really impact the accuracy of the chart. Guess I shouldn't have worked on that chart at 3am.
Wreckhunter

Last edited:
I've posted this chart and some for other areas (Wreck Valley and FL) in the wreck diving forum.
Here

So if you're looking to wreck dive a little farther south there's some info for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom