New Entry Technique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tinman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
You've heard of the front, back, roll, stride scuba entries ... I think my buddy has invented a new one. Imagine a pastoral winter scene with three feet of snow, rocks, some ice, and fast running river water.

Last Saturday, our dear Burleigh Falls normal entry has a little thin ice in it so rather than step on it and slip/break ice and other more valuable items, our new Scubaboard buddy, BrianB, being such an innovative guy decided he would slide down the side of the boulder into the water.

Sitting sideways on three feet of snow in full gear...The Tobbogan Entry, The Slide Entry...work with me people. Ok it wasn't tubing at a ski resort but it was exciting and new...ok the run was only 6-8 feet long and ended in two feet of very cold water. And no speed was involved and no ice diving rope, no real risk of gear or body injury (no animals were hurt making this stunt honest!).

30 o F water doesn't seem as cold when you're having fun... Any other suggestions for this entry technique name? I should probably have one of our dear docs or lawyers give me a nice disclaimer for said above activity -where's Lawman when you need him? - such as not to be attempted without caving helmut, in absence of helmut, have adventure in your heart and good balance....(don't try this with fins on - that would be bad!).

o2scuba once bubbled...
Giant slide entry maybe:)
....we have a winner! It has actually crept into our pre-dive briefings - I kid you not!

Had to use the Giant Slide Entry last weekend since 6 feet of snow has covered the usually entries - thank god the temperature has finally creeped above zero....

agreed tinman! managed to get into the water down at presquille this sunday, but had quite a climb over the pack ice! LOL

Back
Top Bottom