• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

New Fast-Attack Nuclear Submarines to be Named Arizona and Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Non-Diving Related Stuff' started by KathyV, Dec 25, 2019.

1. formernuke

formernuke ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Look at Eisenhower. He not good at strategy but had great relationship with the British and was a great organizer.

2. HalcyonDaze

HalcyonDaze Contributor

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Lately I've been thinking of the old saying "Amateurs discuss tactics, veterans discuss strategy, professionals discuss logistics." If you're a leader who excels at the last part and can leave the other two up to subordinates, the results tend to be good.

Recently I was looking at some of the outposts the PRC has built in the Spratly Islands; aside from being horrified at the mess they made of a lot of coral reefs I have to wonder how logistically sustainable those are. Supplies would have to be shipped or flown in from the mainland and I'd love to run those things by a coastal engineer and ask how well they'd hold up in a storm or even normal subsidence, wave action, and sea level rise.

Akimbo and Jared0425 like this.
  3. Jared0425

Jared0425 Public Safety Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Unfortunately the sub has been found in 3 pieces at 2700ft. Indonesia is planning on bringing in a salvage team to lift it to the surface. A considerable challenge given the depth and the shape the wreck is in.

Pressurehead likes this.