New fill station thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ive already posted about my "new to me" Bauer 8.4 single phase compressor.
I bought the compressor, 12 bank bottles, manifold, double filter assembly, with fully automatic controls - as well as an O2 manifold, and O2 booster

Now - Im setting it all up in my garage. I have to figure out how to rewire, replumb, and organize everything and it has been fun. I also cleaned out the garage - and found some red paint. I figured, might as well paint the wall.....why not a huge dive flag on the wall as the background for the fill station

I started off with just the dive flag (First Picture)

After I painted it, I started lining up the manifold and O2 cascade panel and realized that it would be easier if I mounted a piece of 3/4 ply to the studs to be a mounting platform for everything else. So I mounted - then painted the ply. (pic 2)

Then - I started lining up the hoses to and from the bank, and had to order a fe wnew ones to make it a cleaner install. I also realized that if I mounted a 2" spacer block - then a 20" piece of 2x8, I could create a gap to run the hoses from the bank and direct fill from compressor BEHIND the manifold for easier and cleaner routing. So, I had to mount and paint the spacers and 2x8 to match the flag (pic 3).

At this point I realized that with better pre-planning - I would not have had to paint the same are 3 different times as I end up putting something on top of the flag, then painting the new area to match......Luckily - while all the paint was drying, it gave me a chance to rewire the outlet for the compressor - change the breaker in the panel, clean the compressor, and start to draw out the plumbing changes I plan on making.

Attachments 4 and 5 are the bank and the manifold that will be mounted to the 2x8.

New hoses should be in Thursday and I will mount the manifold - then the O2 cascade next to it - afterwards I will mount the Nitrox stik, pre mixer for trimix, and both stik analyers.

I also have it rigged up to mount a reg onto the panel for downstream analyzing of trimix to confirm the blend.

As soon as the hoses are in, and I redo some of the plumbing and get more mounted - I will post more pics.....this is a fun project - but I cant wait to start using it.

Attachments

• scuba.jpg
    scuba.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 221
  • flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 261
  • scuba 5.JPG
    scuba 5.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 245
  • scuba 6.jpg
    scuba 6.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 247
  • scuba 7.jpg
    scuba 7.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 241
And yes, a lot of the plumbing, connections, hose routing, and labeling will change before Im done. Some of it is left over from how it was set up.

---------- Post added March 26th, 2013 at 03:19 PM ----------

And yes, a lot of the plumbing, connections, hose routing, and labeling will change before Im done. Some of it is left over from how it was set up.

The 3rd moisture seperator and filter stack assembly is HEAVY - so that required a mounting bracket as well......

That is a first class system you have going there....

Quick update.

The plan to build out where the panel mounts to allow for better hose routing (fill hose and bank intake hoses behind panel) worked great!

The trimix premixing stick is done and mounted - as is the Nitrox stik that came with the compressor.

The new plumbing is in and leak checked.

Now - I need to get the rest of the bank back from Hydro and cleaning - reinstall them. Mount the premix analyzer and final analyzer. Hook up the lines to the O2 and He tanks.

I still need to make a shelf for the booster.

I still need to finish the shelf I made to hang the fill whips below the panel.

All in all - its coming along nicely. Maybe another 2 weeks and Im done - depending on how busy work is.

I also need to tie up and secure the hoses - but Im doing that last.

Attachments

• blending station almost done.jpg
    blending station almost done.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 138
  • filters and hoses organized almost done.jpg
    filters and hoses organized almost done.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 128
  • O2 cascade almost done.jpg
    O2 cascade almost done.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 122
  • panel almost done.jpg
    panel almost done.jpg