New Fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Time for you to buy some Turtles, then. They're between the XL and the XXL Jets.

SparticleBrane:
Time for you to buy some Turtles, then. They're between the XL and the XXL Jets.

Yup yup, Turtles ! :D

I just bought some Turtle fins too.

Jet fins have weird sizings. The XL fit my size 9 wetsuit boots, the XXL could probably fit a midsize sedan.

wakejohnk:
What are the benefits of the Pro Jets as opposed to the Twin Jets?

There are no Pro Jets. There are Jets (no longer made), Lightning Jets (usually referred to as Jets) and Twin Jets (which have nothing in common with Jets or Lightning Jets except the name and company - Scubapro). Your misunderstanding came from the way 1_T_Submariner wrote his announcement: I got my new fins today.... Scuba Pro Jets. There should not be a space between "Scuba" and "Pro."

Jets were discontinued in the late 70s or early 80s when Scubapro changed the rubber composition to give them more snap. The Lightning bolt was added to the Jets with the newer rubber composition.

Thanks for clearing that up Walter. I didn't realize they changed the name yes mine have lightning bolts. So thanks for the history lesson also. :wink:

Walter:
There are no Pro Jets. There are Jets (no longer made), Lightning Jets (usually referred to as Jets) and Twin Jets (which have nothing in common with Jets or Lightning Jets except the name and company - Scubapro). Your misunderstanding came from the way 1_T_Submariner wrote his announcement: I got my new fins today.... Scuba Pro Jets. There should not be a space between "Scuba" and "Pro."

Jets were discontinued in the late 70s or early 80s when Scubapro changed the rubber composition to give them more snap. The Lightning bolt was added to the Jets with the newer rubber composition.

sbrooks:
If diving dry, do you need to wear ankle weights with Jets?
S.

Maybe. All depends on your body composition, tank configuration, drysuit style (particularly whether you have rock boots or attached feet), etc.

But try without first. Most folks don't need the ankle weights most of the time.

theskull

theskull:
Maybe. All depends on your body composition, tank configuration, drysuit style (particularly whether you have rock boots or attached feet), etc.

But try without first. Most folks don't need the ankle weights most of the time.

theskull

Thanks, Skull...

I'm looking at buying a drysuut shortly. Just thought I'd pop the question in there while I could.
S.

Back
Top Bottom