New Found MR1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

editmojo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
On a recent dive in Negril our DM came up with an MR1 that he found in about 70 ft of water. Judging by the growth on it, the consensus was it was submerged for at least a few months.. I was sporting my MR2 so the DM showed me the unit. I opened the battery compartment and water came out. There as very little corrosion. I told him the compartment was isolated from the electrons and with some careful cleaning it might still be functional.

The next day Craig shows up with a shiny new-found functioning MR1. I showed him how the menus worked and loaned him my MR2 manual. He dove the rest of the week with it and would get a small round of applause as he would announce the dive stats immediately upon surfacing.

A dive computer is a real luxury in Jamaica. I'm glad I was there to see someone truly appreciate a gift from the sea and I glad Mares makes such a durable product.

Wow, That's a great find! Well someones loss is anothers treasure. Glad it was still working! Good story and thanks for sharing.

Sincerely,

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom