New Frameless Mask in the works?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jh_MacLeod

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,
I went to a web site yesterday to check on the current price for your Frameless mask (already have one, want to buy another). While there I noticed another mask called the Frameless 2 and the listing was marked "new". Today, I checked again and could not find it (seems it was an error or a phantom listing). So, what's the deal? Do you have an updated frameless mask in development?

Hi,
I went to a web site yesterday to check on the current price for your Frameless mask (already have one, want to buy another). While there I noticed another mask called the Frameless 2 and the listing was marked "new". Today, I checked again and could not find it (seems it was an error or a phantom listing). So, what's the deal? Do you have an updated frameless mask in development?

Google search turns up an image of what is obviously a computer rendering...

ATMMFR2.jpg

Looks ever-so-slightly different that the "original" frameless mask...
ATMMFR.jpg

I'm assuming volume and or field of view is different. It's looks almost identical to the original although it's hard to tell from the "photo". I'm interested.

Subscribed.

Hi guys...The Frameless 2 is due to release Spring of this year! The second generation offers a thinner edge around the mask to improve visibility up, down, and to the sides. It also has a softer flange around the face to create a great seal and a very comfortable fit. We are expecting our first delivery of these are March 20, 2014.

Reactions: RJP
Hi guys...The Frameless 2 is due to release Spring of this year! The second generation offers a thinner edge around the mask to improve visibility up, down, and to the sides. It also has a softer flange around the face to create a great seal and a very comfortable fit. We are expecting our first delivery of these are March 20, 2014.

Okay. Thanks for sharing the information and clearing up my confusion. :) I will wait and hope things stay on schedule. Will it be available worldwide at approximately the same time? U.S., Europe, and Asia? The reason I ask is that I am in Europe now, U.S. in March, back to Europe in April, and then Asia by early summer. From the "fin" talk, I may want to pick up a pair of the new blade fins (to compliment my "smokes") at the same time. Hopefully, the new blade fins will be neutral or slightly buoyant?

I wish someone would update your website, might be good for business or have you guys purposefully adopted a similar strategy to Apple? If you have it's working, the lack of info has made me extremely curious about the fins and mask.

Joshing aside, will the new Frameless also come in a medium size? Colours? Cheers.

Hi Everyone

We are working on updating the site. Our technicians have been hard at work getting it going with all the products for all of our brands. It might take a couple more weeks but they will be put up on our site. It looks like the Frameless 2 will only come in one size and it will either be the Clear skirt or the Black skirt with Red accents.

jh_Mcleod-I believe the Blade Fins were pretty neutral. During some field testing I was able to remove them underwater and they didn't really rise or fall....If anything they would be neutral to slightly negative (but not by much)!

Hi Everyone

We are working on updating the site. Our technicians have been hard at work getting it going with all the products for all of our brands. It might take a couple more weeks but they will be put up on our site. It looks like the Frameless 2 will only come in one size and it will either be the Clear skirt or the Black skirt with Red accents.

jh_Mcleod-I believe the Blade Fins were pretty neutral. During some field testing I was able to remove them underwater and they didn't really rise or fall....If anything they would be neutral to slightly negative (but not by much)!

That's a shame, I'd likely have bought one if it came in a medium. Guess I'll be sticking with my v1 frameless which I love by the way. On the up side you saved me some money. Cheers.

---------- Post added February 10th, 2014 at 01:38 AM ----------

What colours will the fins be available in?

---------- Post added February 10th, 2014 at 01:38 AM ----------

Please say white.

Will either the Frameless or Frameless 2 be offered with an ARC coating? I'd prefer not to buy a Venom given the lower volume of my Frameless masks, but the ARC coating is really calling out to me.

As a side note, I wish AA would knock it off with the stupid (IMO) two-tone color schemes. I don't want a black/grey mask, or a black/red mask, or a black/anything snorkle. An option for just plain BLACK all around would be ideal. Pls hndl, thx.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom