New from Calgary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastamp

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the forum and am looking forward to getting involved in some of the discussion. I am relatively inexperienced as a diver, however I have had the luxury of travelling to the Red Sea, Dominica, and the Great Barrier Reef for my three major dive trips. I am going to Cocoview in April based on the research I did by reading the threads from this forum.:D

Welcome to the board,
I have found a wealth of information here and have had lots of fun. Have you done any local dives?

Again, welcome, from another CCCold Calgary diver.

Welcome to the boards! Dive safe.

Welcome Scubastamp,
It sounds like you have had some great trips. Tell us more? Which was your favorite?
see ya, :)

Welcome neighbor and am I jealous of your dive trips! :(

The only local (Calgary) dives I have done were at two jack Lake and Lake Minewanka, BRRRRRRR. They say if you do your certification in Calgary, everything else seems easy. I can attest to that. Ninety Feet down in a mountain lake with six foot vis is a little less pleasant than feeding potatoe cod on the great barrier reef. :eek:

I don't know about all the warm water diving you're doing, I thought you were from Calgary. Real Calgary divers dive deep, cold mountain lakes before breakfast! I hear the ice just came of Waterton Lake.:)

Hey, any chance to dive somewhere other than these local mountain lakes works for me.

scubastamp once bubbled...
The only local (Calgary) dives I have done were at two jack Lake and Lake Minewanka, BRRRRRRR. They say if you do your certification in Calgary, everything else seems easy. I can attest to that. Ninety Feet down in a mountain lake with six foot vis is a little less pleasant than feeding potatoe cod on the great barrier reef. :eek:

Where did you go 90' feet down? Two Jack is shallow, and Lake Minewanka at the very deepest point is only 80' I believe.

Darryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom