New from The Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wout3r

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

Gues I'm kinda new to diving. I've been underwater since 1,5 years now (no, not with the same O2 tank) and took some courses (SSI scubadiver/PADI OW/SSI Advanced OW), so although not very experienced, I may call myself 'Advanced'. (I don't feel very advanced, but hey, I'm the noob, so maybe I should leave the labeling to the experienced..

I've started my diving Career in Aqaba, Jordan and have since then also been underwater in Eilat, Israel (which you can see from Aqaba, so that's more or less the same spot) and I also been in Cape Verde some times. I hope to add some locations to that list in time.

I live in The Hague, The Netherlands (or Holland, or whatever people call it..), a country full of water and quite near the sea and would certainly like to see some of the local underwatercreatures. Unfortunately none of my friends dive, so I am considering to join a diveclub or something like that.

That'll be it for now. The welcome 's been warm, thank you.

Best regards,
Wout3r

howdy and welcome.....you dove in some exotic places.....keep it up.

Welcome,
If you plan on diving locally, you may wish to invest in a Drysuit.
There is a lot of diving activity in the Grevelingenmeer, which seemed to have a lot of club diving (and training), which is real close to Den Haag.
I've done a couple dives from Scharendijke. The locals thought I was crazy to travel halfway around the world to dive there; But, I just happened to be in the area and I wanted to dive. It is dark, but still interesting; I liked it.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Feel free to checkout our SCUBA trips: Beaver Divers SCUBA Trips

BTW, my grandfather was a Dutch painter. He actually did a portrait of the Queen.

Welcome to the SB. Lots of info and great people here.

Ha a fellow country man, welcome here. Den Haag has one of the oldest clubs in the Netherlands called Baracuda. And there are more in the area like submarine stars. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom