New G2 TEK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dazulrich

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Now that the new G2 TEK with GF has been officially launched, the question is whether there will be a software upgrade for existing G2 owners (similar to the Trimix update for the Sol).

Now that the new G2 TEK with GF has been officially launched, the question is whether there will be a software upgrade for existing G2 owners (similar to the Trimix update for the Sol).

You mean to upgrade the existing G2 firmware to be a G2 TEK with GF??

That would be a very nice thing but I doubt it (I hope that I will be wrong on this one but highly unlikely).

Yes. The new TEK costs the same as the standard G2 and the specs like max operating depth, memory, display etc read identical. There shouldn't be any reason why the G2 TEK firmware shouldn't work on the existing G2. Sure the processer might differ, but i doubt it, as SP marketing would be quick to highlight any such hw upgrades..

Yes. The new TEK costs the same as the standard G2 and the specs like max operating depth, memory, display etc read identical. There shouldn't be any reason why the G2 TEK firmware shouldn't work on the existing G2. Sure the processer might differ, but i doubt it, as SP marketing would be quick to highlight any such hw upgrades..
I hope that you are right.

It looks like they treat GF no different than MB levels on the standard G2. You can essentially ignore the GF stops and the computer will continue to increase the GF until you are at 100/100 and now you have "real" stops (even displayed in a different color). At 100/100 you will lock the computer ("SOS" mode) if you ascend above the 100/100 stop depth for 3 minutes.

I am curious if ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG with MB=0 on the G2 is the equivalent of ZH- L16C GF PMG with GF = 100/100 on the G2 Tek.

Back
Top Bottom