New Gear!!! Woohoo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, my new gear arrived. Let me preclude this post bu mentioning that I fully support LDS and belive in using them whenever feasible. However, I simply could not find what I needed locally and when I came close it was at a near %100 markup. UGH!!

So, ordered a BC finally. :dork2: Decided to go cheap because I am rather... Uh... Thrifty? Went with a jacket style (I know back inflate or BPW rocks!) just becuase they were so darn easy to use and I love the big pockets. Went with the TUsa Liberator Sigma: Tusa Liberator Sigma BCD, Black (BCJ-3200)

I also ordered a new Octo at the behest of my Dive Buddy who thinks my 1988 Octo was too limiting. :cool2: Went with the Oceanic ALpha 8. (I really love my Oceanic Delta II Reg. Smooth as buttah! And from around 1994) Oceanic Alpha 8 Octopus, Yellow

I also decided to upgrade my pressure guages while at it because mine felt like a brick. Here she is: The Tusa SCA 330T (As highly recomended on this board BTW)
Tusa SCA 330T Compact Analog Gauge with Compass reviews and discounts, Tusa

Just tested out the BC in the pool. WOrked great so far. Good boyancy and easy to wear. So far I am impressed for around $200.00. I was torn between this one, the Scuba Pro Seahawk and the Oceanic Islander II. ( I could not reach the weight release on the Islander or would have went with that one) This way though, I was able to get more tools than I would have if I went with a more expensive BC.

Thanks for all those on this forum with a wealth of experience and informative posts. Very helpful. :D

Congrats! Enjoy your new setup!

Terrific. Bloody bewdy mate. I got a few Tusa, Tabata BCDs n stuff. They've had that inflator for years. Love their fin straps n buckles.
Never let me down.
Very good.

Terrific. Bloody bewdy mate. I got a few Tusa, Tabata BCDs n stuff. They've had that inflator for years. Love their fin straps n buckles.
Never let me down.
Very good.

Glad to hear it. One of the deciding factors was that a LDS DI has one that he has been using for at least 3 years and it is in good shape still. :D

Congrats! Enjoy your new setup!
Thank you. I have already.

i cant wait till i start even getting gear all i have is a weight belt and a wetsuit

You will. I found the best deals used frankly. Bought all used at first from a LDS BlueWaterDivers. They rock. Gave me a great deal on a computer, reg, octo, guage etc. In fact, they had a used Scuba Pro nighthawk come in that I was going to get but it was the Large and I needed the XL. :confused: However, on this Tusa, I could have gone with the L I think. This thing is huge. Very adjustable though. FIts well enough untill I lose another 30 pounds. :eyebrow:

is ebay "ok" for used or would it have to be a local dive shop(we dont have any withen 40 miles)

I have some bad news for you: By choosing to dive in a horrid, evil 'poodle jacket' you have almost certainly signed your own death warrant. It's simply not possible to dive safely or efficiently in one. And if by some miracle of fate you survive diving without a back-inflate or BPW you will unfortunately have such a terrible time that you will be put off diving for life.

My commiserations.

is ebay "ok" for used or would it have to be a local dive shop(we dont have any withen 40 miles)

I think Ebay may be fine. So long as you can try on the same item somewhere because the fit is important.

I have some bad news for you: By choosing to dive in a horrid, evil 'poodle jacket' you have almost certainly signed your own death warrant. It's simply not possible to dive safely or efficiently in one. And if by some miracle of fate you survive diving without a back-inflate or BPW you will unfortunately have such a terrible time that you will be put off diving for life.

My commiserations.

:coffee: Uh... :idk: LOL

Congrats! Go forewarned you'll either not stick with diving and regret having bought all that stuff, or you'll love diving and constantly be thinking about upgrades you want to make...either way you're fu*#ed! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom