New Gear!!! Woohoo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was torn between this one, the Scuba Pro Seahawk and the Oceanic Islander II. ( I could not reach the weight release on the Islander or would have went with that one)

Great to see someone that considers everything when purchasing gear. Well done!!

is ebay "ok" for used or would it have to be a local dive shop(we dont have any withen 40 miles)

Absolutely. However, regs should be serviced recently by seller and have excellent ratings. If it's an item that is sized (wetsuits, boots, gloves, etc) I'd definitely try them on somewhere or be willing to accept if you don't like the fit and just resell them. Been there, done that.

Yeah. Very very funny people as in really really strange.

Congrats! Go forewarned you'll either not stick with diving and regret having bought all that stuff, or you'll love diving and constantly be thinking about upgrades you want to make...either way you're fu*#ed! :D

LMAO!

Great to see someone that considers everything when purchasing gear. Well done!!

Absolutely. However, regs should be serviced recently by seller and have excellent ratings. If it's an item that is sized (wetsuits, boots, gloves, etc) I'd definitely try them on somewhere or be willing to accept if you don't like the fit and just resell them. Been there, done that.

Good points.

Nothing like getting dive gear, its a thrill, like the new bike at Christmas when you ere seven.

Enjoy the gear. Don't be too concerned about what others think about it there is nothing as hard on dive gear as another diver using a different brand.

I do hope you took the time to put on all of your gear and do the happy dance in your living room. It is mandatory you know.

Well, something for my wife to look forward to when I start getting gear (I'm in OW class now). I've already been told (by several) NOT to do my "Gonzo Happy Dance" in public anymore... :rofl3:

Something else I'm learning is that you people are not just strange, but HILARIOUS too!

Congrats! Looking forward to being in your shoes in a few months. Enjoy the gear!

-Gonzo

Getting new gear is great! However, if you don't know already, you'll pour sooo much money into a very addictive and enjoyable hobby with a plethora of toys. My BCD is used, I got it from my local dive shop, it's an oceanic and was only used on about 2 dives. So, it's practically brand new and I love it. I also like having the pockets because then i can put shells I find in there. Enjoy!!

Congrats! Go forewarned you'll either not stick with diving and regret having bought all that stuff, or you'll love diving and constantly be thinking about upgrades you want to make...either way you're fu*#ed! :D

The seal on your wallet is now and forever broken (like your bank account is soon to be.):) But for the record, I purchased most of my stuff (including reg/octo & BCD) in 1985. It still works fine (some of you may already know I'm shopping around for a BP/W). Care and maintenance are the key. Take care of your gear and your gear will take care of you. It quite literally is a matter of life and death. Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom