New gopro! looking for settings advice...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding fov...... Do many folks try to change this underwater? The screen is so small and it takes some time to scroll through the menus.....on a dark, non clear water dive, Might be kind of a pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, it's definitely a PITA. I grew tired of switching FOV to go between wide and narrow for macro.

Thx. I set in to narrow before leaving home since I was trying out new macro lenses...... Took surface video from the boat as we headed out to the dive site....obviously not optimal. May try some medium next time

---------- Post added July 15th, 2014 at 03:00 PM ----------

So how is medium..... Both for macro and wider angle stuff? Need to do some more experimenting.....

In my opinion, the "wide" fov warps the edges too much. It does seem to work well with large animals
though. On the surface it bends the horizon too much. I haven't used narrow too often. I've been happy with medium most of the time. I also have an 8mm fisheye on my olympus, so I can get wide video that way if I want. My gopro is mounted to the cold shoe of my Olympus housing.

i think I've only switched FoV twice while underwater.

Do you have Windows 8.1 ? I cannot process videos on my Go Pro Studio editing program, no storyboard. Any advice?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom