New guy from Kwaj

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Father

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's usually mandatory to intro yourself in any forum so here goes...

Matt, living/working in Kwajalein Atoll. Took the job more for the diving opportunity and chillax lifestyle than the work aspect. After working for TSA for 3 years this IS the greener grass on the other side... even if there isn't much grass here.

I got basic certified in my first month or so and advanced open water a month or so later.

The diving here is amazing. The options are great... from walk-in/shore dives (including scooter runs for a little extended distance from the beach) to boat dives in the lagoon, to taking a quick plane ride to Roi for other sights (which I haven't done yet, but plan on it).

My biggest hopes were to get to Bikini Atoll since it's so close. I don't know how feasible that is now, but I have time to figure it out.

I've been using a borrowed Oceanic Probe XL and an Apex reg set. Finally made the leap and purchased my own gear which I hope to get in about 2 weeks. I ordered a Dive RIte Transpac and HOG D3 reg package from DRIS along with a few other items. Can't wait to get it all, although I'm a little worried that I might have ordered too large on the BC despite the sizing charts. Time will tell I supposed.

That's about it for now... looking forward to learning a lot in here.

It's usually mandatory to intro yourself in any forum so here goes...

Matt... First off, congratulations on landing a job on Kwaj. That's awesome! I lived there 1991-93 and it was the best two years of my life. Since returning stateside, I've created a few Web properties about Kwaj, the Marshall Islands and Oceania in general. You might want to start by checking out the Kwaj-Net Facebook page:

http://facebook.com/KwajNet

Komol Tata and Yokwe,

Bob Raymond

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard. :admingreet:

Sounds like you're having a blast over there...!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom