New Guy in TN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Archtaan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all. Just figured I would stop in and say hi. Recently moved to TN from VA Beach and really miss the diving out there. Maybe one day Ill get back to the Atlantic!

Hi. You're in an area with some quarry type opportunities. There's a group in your area, Parrot Island Divers, and here's a webpage for an Instructor with them that has a lease on a local quarry. He/they does/do some group trips; that's how I got my 1st 4 trips to Bonaire. Down in Clarksville, TN, there are a couple of dive shops; Dive Time I've done business and think well of, and Water Dogs (which I haven't as yet). A big regional training area is about an hour & a half from you; Pennyroyal Blue Springs Resort (dive shop & a big quarry) - it's in the town I live around, Hopkinsville, KY. Some people occasionally dive at Dale Hollow Lake, between KY & TN. There's a place called Martha's Quarry in TN; I've never been there, but it's regionally known.

So, there are a lot of divers scattered around the region you live.

Ain't no ocean round here, though. Stick a sea shell on each ear, close your eyes and dream...

Back
Top Bottom