New here! Questions about new Tusa Freedom HD Elite mask!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mjobe43

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey there divers! I am new to owning my own equipment, and have been practicing at my place of work in Norris lake Tennessee! I have a great local dive shop, and picked up some a very nice set of goggles. The freedom HD by tusa, it fits GREAT! My problem though, is that it leaks from the bottom up? This has never happened before, I have had plenty of pairs of goggles, not always dove with them, but this has never happened. water trickles up from under both my eyes at the lowest point of the silicone, and works its way up, and randomly stops, and randomly starts back. Also, Looking for a dive partner in TN, and have some questions as to why my octo free flows until about 15 minutes into my dive and then randomly stops and doesn't at all again. ( free flow is very little, just bubbles )

The leaky mask could be caused be facial hair. My Oceanic mask also leaks into the nose pocket unless I have a fresh shave. It passed all the fit tests in my LDS.

With respect to your mask, it would be facial lines, hair, or just improper fit. We sell a mask leak sealant that works pretty well in sealing up a leaking mask.

With respect to your octo, I would say take it into a shop and tell them what it's doing. Sounds like it just needs a small adjustment.

Happy diving!

With respect to your mask, it would be facial lines, hair, or just improper fit. We sell a mask leak sealant that works pretty well in sealing up a leaking mask.

With respect to your octo, I would say take it into a shop and tell them what it's doing. Sounds like it just needs a small adjustment.

Happy diving!
Thanks a ton! The mask leak is odd only because it happens sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt

Welcome to SB. Could be your face not forming a seal with a mask ie: Not all masks will fit every face.

Welcome to SB. Could be your face not forming a seal with a mask ie: Not all masks will fit every face.
I really dont know, I have played with it a bit, once it gets water inside, and i clear it out, it will fill up once more and then its usually good..... odd i know.

Can you send me a pic of the mask on both sides. You can PM me.

Having said that, if the mask does not leak during the dive, it means that the water pressure is pushing the mask against your face and sealing it correctly. Its not unusual to have some water in the mask when you first get in but it should not be leaking during the dive. Also make sure you don't have any hair between your mask skirt and face.

Can you send me a pic of the mask on both sides. You can PM me.

Having said that, if the mask does not leak during the dive, it means that the water pressure is pushing the mask against your face and sealing it correctly. Its not unusual to have some water in the mask when you first get in but it should not be leaking during the dive. Also make sure you don't have any hair between your mask skirt and face.
No, it doesn't leak after being in the water for some time, but does a lot at first, i mean a lot, constantly clearing and having to let it de-fog and then return to happy diving....

What happens on land when you leak test it? U know how to do that?

Back
Top Bottom