New here! Thought I'd share my first 2012 Ocean Dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheTomEGunn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Very very cool forum, I do not know how I've never heard of it before!

Anywho, here is my first ocean scuba video done with the GoPro Dive Housing.

I'm working on a documentary with all the diving I have done in this location, but this is an edited down version of this specific dive. Please share your feedback and what you think about editing and diving, etc. :)

Cheers for now!

As I like the main objects you filmed, here are some points, that stopped me watching after 3 minutes:
- I found your footage very shaky
- You move to fast (it's more like a running than a nice and smoth dive)

Aye, I do agree and am aware of this as well upon reviewing the footage. I improved dramatically by creating a mount for the camera instead of head to hand to head. Also, my excuse for the "move to[o] fast" is trying to keep up with my dive buddy. But thank you for the feedback!

Nice first video. A mount will definitely help with the steadiness. Also adding appropriate background music avoids hearing bubbles all the time and keeps it interesting also.

I enjoyed it and didnt miss the music since I dont hear any while diving. Youll get better like everything else. Thanks for posting it.

Nice first video. A mount will definitely help with the steadiness. Also adding appropriate background music avoids hearing bubbles all the time and keeps it interesting also.
I've been toying with making a mount, but on a night dive I discovered that my dive light is an excellent mount, so I'll use that for now :) And thank you!

I enjoyed it and didnt miss the music since I dont hear any while diving. Youll get better like everything else. Thanks for posting it.
Aye! You'll never catch music in one of my dive videos...I find it takes away from the experience. Mind you, if I'm making a documentary, then yes, there will be a score to go along with it! Thanks for the encouragement :)

I agree with the feedback so far but have to say one thing......

Those lobsters sure do look tasty. It has been too long since I have had a good old fashioned home cooked Lobster (complete with claws :wink:)

I enjoyed the video as well. Which filter were you using and where was this video shot?

Back
Top Bottom